• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Millwall result was a bonus today for sure, as well as Peterborough and Coventrys recent demise. Plenty of clubs coming up on our shoulder ie Bradford and Barnsley. Win Tuesday though and things looking pretty healthy with the scum up next at home.

My thoughts excactly.

Obviously hoping for 3 points come Tuesday night, but should the worse happen, and we get a draw or even they win, we can have the comfort of knowing that we buried Colchester even deeper into the relegation zone by a point. I reckon there's not many Col U fans praying for a Southend Win this season? :smile:

Not to mention that the following day after we play Col Utd at home.
On the Sunday.. Fleetwood play Shrewsbury... (check the league standings)... so what ever the result... bang goes yet another nail in the Colchester coffin!

Barnsley's run is extraordinary and has come from nowhere.

They were bottom of the league a couple of months ago.

Barnsley are a big club in this league and were tipped for promotion this season. They had been underachieving until late. If I was a betting man I would tip them to make the playoffs.

Barnsley are a big club in this league and were tipped for promotion this season. They had been underachieving until late. If I was a betting man I would tip them to make the playoffs.

I was listening to the local radio when coming away from our game at Sheffield. The view of the Barnsley fans re their manager was "get rid". :'(

Blimey, just channel hopping and caught a bit of the Rugby League.

They are destroying Wigan's pitch.

Could be a right mess by the time we play there!

It would be good if Port Vale can equalise against Coventry. 20 minutes to go, 1-0 to the Sky Blues. If they win they'll go four points above us.

Bury are now something like 15th in the league ....... I remember pre-season there were some posters on here saying how marvellous Bury was for signing Pope, L. Clarke, P. Clarke and having Mayor ........... but it hasn't all turned out roses has it?

Barnsley lost eight in a row earlier in the season. They've now won seven on the spin! Great turnaround.

Well done the Valliants. They've certainly done us a good turn this afternoon. Now we can claim a play-off place without needing others to drop points.

Of course, then we've got to maintain that place. And move on to close the nine point gap between us and Walsall.

Watched Peterborough narrowly lose to West Brom last night on penalties .Coulthirst played and looked better than when he was with us. Showed his well taken goal in the first leg draw. Couple of things though came up in the match chat. One was a chart showing how Peterborough had made £27m in 9 years in finding and selling on around 9 players I think. We know thatb they are good at gambling on youngsters from the lower league. However in this case I think the list showed that all their biggest money gains were from players they actually bought/ paid a fee for. (? like Bolger? ) Made me realise just how good they are at it, compared to us, but secondly where exactly has it got them? although I dont know if they are debt free?
Also lots of comments about the Peterborough Chairman who apparently has demanded non stop all out attacking play, deliberately setting up to win, by scoring more than opponents, in the type of 5 - 4 victory. Explains why they are up there in goalscoring terms and there set up affirms this approach. Similar theme in the local news , with Justin Edinburgh having a go at the " clean sheet " mentality and stressing Gillinghams culture and style of attacking play. Im not complaining given where we are at, but just some interesting comparisons from watching this game on the box

Watched Peterborough narrowly lose to West Brom last night on penalties .Coulthirst played and looked better than when he was with us. Showed his well taken goal in the first leg draw. Couple of things though came up in the match chat. One was a chart showing how Peterborough had made £27m in 9 years in finding and selling on around 9 players I think. We know thatb they are good at gambling on youngsters from the lower league. However in this case I think the list showed that all their biggest money gains were from players they actually bought/ paid a fee for. (? like Bolger? ) Made me realise just how good they are at it, compared to us, but secondly where exactly has it got them? although I dont know if they are debt free?
Also lots of comments about the Peterborough Chairman who apparently has demanded non stop all out attacking play, deliberately setting up to win, by scoring more than opponents, in the type of 5 - 4 victory. Explains why they are up there in goalscoring terms and there set up affirms this approach. Similar theme in the local news , with Justin Edinburgh having a go at the " clean sheet " mentality and stressing Gillinghams culture and style of attacking play. Im not complaining given where we are at, but just some interesting comparisons from watching this game on the box

I thought Coulthirst was given plenty of space with the ball, but didn't do much with it. He looked like a player destined to drop down a league or 2 to me. I love the way Peterborough play football. It's so entertaining to watch. It's all about going forward with the ball. They have quality midfield that are very attacking which helps. Barry Fry always had that win 5-4 mentality, when at Barnet and with us. It didn't work at Birmingham tho as he had the wrong players for it. He always really loved a goal being scored for his teams tho. Many on here will remember that he used to go on a very excited happy run down to the corner flag(Not allowed now), after a good or important goal. A great character.

I was there and absolutely loved it when Barry Fry went charging up the touchline's, absolutely got the fans more involved, Great character and was in good form last night, even looked younger?

I thought Coulthirst was given plenty of space with the ball, but didn't do much with it. He looked like a player destined to drop down a league or 2 to me. I love the way Peterborough play football. It's so entertaining to watch. It's all about going forward with the ball. They have quality midfield that are very attacking which helps. Barry Fry always had that win 5-4 mentality, when at Barnet and with us. It didn't work at Birmingham tho as he had the wrong players for it. He always really loved a goal being scored for his teams tho. Many on here will remember that he used to go on a very excited happy run down to the corner flag(Not allowed now), after a good or important goal. A great character.

Still a S--t Bag the way he walked out on us .

Back