• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News League One proposal - now set for June 9 vote

Not sure financially it makes sense for us, there are at least 3 clubs in league 1 that are on the verge of going (we are not 1 of them) and several others that are going that way (again we are not in those), however that doesn’t mean it is financially worth it too play. If your going to lose money and most will it doesn’t make sense, yes there are a few clubs who can afford too and who will not lose money (they may not make much either) But the majority do not fall into that bracket
If there are league 1 clubs in financial trouble that fold then surely they can't then relegate more to league 2 and leave it with so few teams. Chance for us yet to stay up?

I'm sure I've read that an unfinished null-and-void season would 'damage the integrity of the competition'. Anyone able to back me up on this?
If so, I fail to see that point.
Surely, on June 8 there would be clause inserted that the EFL can't be sued by clubs if null-and-voiding the season occurs during a pandemic?
After all, how exceptional do you want the circumstances?
How can the EFL's 'integrity' be damaged if an event like this turns the world upside down?
Any artificial means of ending the season, and for me, that would include playing two games a week in front of cardboard cutouts, is equally dubious.
Some rational people might suggest that the "integrity" of the game is maintained by following and implementing the rules of the competition (normally the role of a governing body but in effect there isn't one, the EFL having vacated that role).

I believe the general view is that under those rules null and void/curtailment is the only available option, with no promotions or relegations, unless the season is played out. So there you have the 2 options if the "integrity" of the competition were the key driver. The EFL might even have had a chance of achieving the latter if they came out and said all costs associated with completing the season (from tests to gate money) would be covered. That ship has sailed due to dither and delay on a biblical scale.

You can't retrospectively change the rules, injuring one or more parties, and imagine that legal action is not possible and winnable.

If there are league 1 clubs in financial trouble that fold then surely they can't then relegate more to league 2 and leave it with so few teams. Chance for us yet to stay up?
I think rather than fold they will go into administration. Many/most, maybe even nearly all depending who they are, may get bought for a £1 and re-emerge.

There is of course yet another "integrity of the game" issue that would concern a governing body if we had one.

If L1 played to a conclusion without doubt 4-5 clubs would have gone into administration and failed to pay one or two months wages at least. How many points deductions would these teams have got? How is that built into the PPG crystal ball? If a couple of clubs in the bottom third were hit with 12/15/18 point deductions what impact would that have regarding likely relegations?

If I were Ron I would say "well as you know I am a stickler for upholding the league rules and integrity of the competition. It is clear null & void is not supported so we must complete the season. It might be the financial impact is serious for some, but that is part of the game, and finances has always been a key factor in footballing outcomes. It must play out"

I wouldn’t want our league survival to be at the expense of another clubs misfortune. It must be horrible being a Bury fan right now with the potential loss of your club that your family may have been supporting for several generations. As long as we still have a club then relegation is the least of our worries.

I amsure the "force majeure" clause in all contractts means that the existing arragements are in effect toast cos of the pandemic ..

I amsure the "force majeure" clause in all contractts means that the existing arragements are in effect toast cos of the pandemic ..
Would if the EFL had such a clause- inexplicably they didn’t. Luckily their current rules and regulations can be be applied in the current circumstances- unfortunately the EFL would rather ignore their own rules and retrospectively come up with the ones they wished the had.. hence the mess

June 9th 2023 after all the court cases finished ,New Stadium to open June 8th 2023 lol

Barnsley options of promotions & no relegation look an appealing option for majority of clubs.

Barnsley options of promotions & no relegation look an appealing option for majority of clubs.
As I just posted on the other thread I reply to you, They will, but then there are issues with the FA and Orem league, FA insist on Promotion and relegation, if that doesn’t happen Prem clubs will refuse to come down and there for as it stands there would be no promotion from the championship (lot of resistance to a 23 team proem league). That then means no promotion anywhere and that may cause more issues

ENGLISH Football League clubs will vote on the framework for ending the 2019-20 season on Tuesday, with the bottom two divisions then set to vote on whether to cut the campaign short amid the coronavirus pandemic.

More...

Reading Echo content

Most of the clubs would votes for Barnsley options if I was honest.
They probably want too, but it has been made clear relegation and promotion will happen, prem has given an indication they will not happily have a 23 team division. So of they dont have relegation the FA and EFL cannot promote and that will cause legal issues for sure and that will delay next season i would guess

They probably want too, but it has been made clear relegation and promotion will happen, prem has given an indication they will not happily have a 23 team division. So of they dont have relegation the FA and EFL cannot promote and that will cause legal issues for sure and that will delay next season i would guess
I still think null and voiding with no promotion and no relegation is the least worst option because no-one has actually "lost" anything. It's all conjecture and speculation as to who would finish where.

I still think null and voiding with no promotion and no relegation is the least worst option because no-one has actually "lost" anything. It's all conjecture and speculation as to who would finish where.
Indeed it is but every club will have views and will be and are putting their own needs ahead of anything else

Back