• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

League One Team of the season

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
Having played 17 of 23 opponenets to date I have picked a starting XI (in 4-4-2) formation from opposing teams. This in my view, are the best players in their positions to play us so far

GK - J. Achterberg (Tranmere)

RB - A. Holdsworth (Huddersfield)
CD - I. Iriekepen (Swansea)
CD - G. Monk (Swansea)
LB - K. Amankwaah (Yeovil)

RM - C. Shuker (Barnsley)
CM - D. Way (Yeovil)
CM - S. McPhail (Barnsley)
LM - K. McLeod (Swansea)

CF - L. Trundle (Swansea)
CF - A. Akinfenwa (Swansea)

Subs:
GK - N. Colgan (Barnsley)
Defender - S. Ricketts (Swansea)
Midfield - J. Perch (Nottingham Forest)
Forward - N. Lowndes (Port Vale)
Winger - M. McIndoe (Doncaster)

I thought Leon Britton looked a bit classy against us. akinfenwa was a nothing against us, pawel abbot looked better

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Nov. 15 2005,16:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Nov. 15 2005,16:43)]CF - A. Akinfenwa (Swansea)
Maybe I'm the only one, but I thought he looked awful!
Agreed...

I think Pawel Abbott perhaps, or any one of a number of forwards would get the nod from me ahead of Akinfenwa...

However I think the rest of your team looks pretty good - possible exception of Monk. Although he played well on Saturday I think there are better in this division.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Nov. 15 2005,17:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 15 2005,17:14)]Wheres Lewis Hunt?

Or Gutts?
Or even Maher who has been solid barring the last couple of games!
One small problem: They dont play for opposing teams - they play for us!

Although it is open to debate occasionally (particularly the last one)...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 15 2005,17:17)]
[b said:
[b said:

Or Gutts?

wink.gif
laugh.gif

oops! well you know me by now.

Note to self - read through fully the original posts before making a complete a$$ of yourself!

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 15 2005,17:17)]
[b said:
[b said:

Or Gutts?

wink.gif
ha ha, that would explain a lot. I shall now crawl under my rock from where I came from...

and hey!! (regarding your dig at Maher
tounge.gif
)

The Swans report that Shrimpboy flagged up for us was of the same opinion about Akinfenwah - not that impressive.

GK: Russell Hoult (Although he is back at West Brom now - The only other keeper I can remember was the Barnet keeper, which doesn't count.)
DR: Kevin Amankwaah
DC: Andrew Crosby
DC: Robert Hassell
DL: Sam Ricketts
MR: Mark Wright
MC: Jonathon Worthington
MC: Anthony Dinning
ML: Kris Commons
SC: Lee Trundle
SC: Pawel Abbott

TBH I never really pay attention to the other team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 15 2005,17:25)]Thought that (a) Amankwaah was a right back; and (b) was a bit of a show pony.

rock.gif

Matt
Stand corrected,he was a right back. I must have been thinking of our left back as I as writing his name
wink.gif

Therefore, Amankwaah comes in to my original team at right back, with Holdsworth dropping to the bench, and Sam Ricketts coming in at left-back.

It's all about opinions and I though that Akinfenwa was highly impressive. I think he takes a lot of the workload of Trundle, and I guess that Trundle wouldn't have scored the volume of goals he has this season without him. Maybe like David Crown wouldn't have scored as many without Big Roy?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ Nov. 15 2005,18:21)]GK: Russell Hoult (Although he is back at West Brom now - The only other keeper I can remember was the Barnet keeper, which doesn't count.)
DR: Kevin Amankwaah
DC: Andrew Crosby
DC: Robert Hassell
DL: Sam Ricketts
MR: Mark Wright
MC: Jonathon Worthington
MC: Anthony Dinning
ML: Kris Commons
SC: Lee Trundle
SC: Pawel Abbott

TBH I never really pay attention to the other team.
Or maybe Mickey Bell for left back. Don't think we got past him when The Vale cam to the hall

I still don't get the hype about Amankwaah. There was masses on here after the game about him being better than Lewis which I just can't understand. He looked ok coming forward, but at times did look like bambi on ice. Two goals that night came from his areas, not a great stat as a defender. Not a fan I'm afraid.

Back