• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some amazing results in that table. Southend were the 12th most overachieving team last season !

and... we're 67th and 'tinpot' Bury are 69th and 'tinpot' Mansfield 78th.

Cheers, I found that quite interesting. So historically we truly really are a League one club just outside the relegation zone (the equivalent of 20th in League One). That sounds more or less about right to me, personally I've always seen our club as a mid table league one side. Despite the recent years, I've always thought we were to good for Division 2 (* hopefully we won't be returning back there anytime soon).

granted I might have a blinkered opinion on this. ..... Oooh and not to mention, that we are just 7 places below Premiership team Bournemouth...... so there's always hope :thumbsup:

Dear Skysports - does this mean that there was football BEFORE the Premier League?

Dear Mr Prawnby,

Thank you for your email, with regard to your question, I invented the game of football when I was in my mid 30's... & the game has proven to be very profitable for me, and long may it continue too..

Kind Regards,

Rupert Murdoch.

Take it back a few years ro the formation of Divs 3 and 4 and we may be a tad lower.....

A tad higher, I'd say given that we spent all but the last of those extra 8 seasons in the 3rd Division.

didn't need poxy sky to tell us the bleedin' obvious. please remove rose tinted glasses. good to have ambition, but our history isn't one of higher pedigree sadly

Afternoon, Shrimpers. I thought you might be interested in a table Sky put together based on every club's finishing position over the last 5 years. We appear 67th which is equivalent to 23rd in League One. Suggests we are a club that yo-yos between League One and League Two and that last season's 7th place was a significant overachievement.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ands-top-team-followed-by-man-utd-and-arsenal

I think we've been a club (or maybe more accurately a town/region) on the up over that time though. The centre of economic power has moved towards the South East and away from the north (see how the teams in green are predominantly southern). If this trend continues I'd expect us to be higher in 50 years' time if we still have a club. If we get the new stadium we could rocket up the table.

Back