• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

League Two Match Day One - What Will You Be Doing?

League Two Match Day One - What Will You Be Doing?

• Watching Southend v Harrogate on iFollow

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Watching another game

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • sitting in a motorhome somewhere near John O’Groats

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Given up trying to work out how to start a poll (unless a mod can amend this and set it up), my three options for the question were to be:

1. Watching Southend v Harrogate on iFollow
2. Watching another game
3. Something else

As for me it's Option (2) above as I'm travelling to the north of my county (Dorset) to see Sherborne v Clevedon in the Preliminary Round of the FA Cup. We watched Clevedon ease past Portland in the Extra Preliminary Round. 'Following the winner' in an FA Cup trail seems an unlikely possibility to be able to complete this season due to Covid so we've set ourselves another challenge of seeing a game at the first team homes of all 26 Level 11 and above Dorset clubs this season and Sherborne affords the opportunity to see the second match in this self-inflicted torture trail. It was to be the third match but Swanage (less than a mile down the road from home) had to call their game off last week due to one of their players testing positive after a 'friendly' v the local cousins of Corfe - which cheesed off Corfe big-time as they've then had to postpone all their games too for the next three weeks. Anyway, it's a way of exploring my new county (which might end with a 'niche' book on it all). One challenge today will be getting in the ground before they have to put up the 'ground full' signs - they reached the 300 capacity allowed at their Extra Preliminary match v Street so with the Clevedon travelling masses things could get a bit fiesty.

Would love today to learn that a flag or two have been flying from the South Stand flats with maybe a few megaphone chants drifting across Roots Hall. We shall have one eye on Sherborne and another on the mobile for events at Southend

UTB

Given up trying to work out how to start a poll (unless a mod can amend this and set it up), my three options for the question were to be:

1. Watching Southend v Harrogate on iFollow
2. Watching another game
3. Something else

As for me it's Option (2) above as I'm travelling to the north of my county (Dorset) to see Sherborne v Clevedon in the Preliminary Round of the FA Cup. We watched Clevedon ease past Portland in the Extra Preliminary Round. 'Following the winner' in an FA Cup trail seems an unlikely possibility to be able to complete this season due to Covid so we've set ourselves another challenge of seeing a game at the first team homes of all 26 Level 11 and above Dorset clubs this season and Sherborne affords the opportunity to see the second match in this self-inflicted torture trail. It was to be the third match but Swanage (less than a mile down the road from home) had to call their game off last week due to one of their players testing positive after a 'friendly' v the local cousins of Corfe - which cheesed off Corfe big-time as they've then had to postpone all their games too for the next three weeks. Anyway, it's a way of exploring my new county (which might end with a 'niche' book on it all). One challenge today will be getting in the ground before they have to put up the 'ground full' signs - they reached the 300 capacity allowed at their Extra Preliminary match v Street so with the Clevedon travelling masses things could get a bit fiesty.

Would love today to learn that a flag or two have been flying from the South Stand flats with maybe a few megaphone chants drifting across Roots Hall. We shall have one eye on Sherborne and another on the mobile for events at Southend

TB

Leads me to think, this is what is likely to happen in any division.
Does anyone know if the FA has any plans with likely postponements, as to how this season might end?

The league tables might look somewhat distorted with some clubs playing say 20 games , and others only a dozen if the team has any postponements due to infections.

Sadly there’s no option listed for sitting in a motorhome somewhere near John O’Groats but that’s what I’ll be doing..

Five of us watching individually at various stages of delays and freezing, the right side of optimistic but jaded enough to not expect much. Didn't think I'd miss it as much as I do!

Sitting on the couch watching iFollow and falling asleep after the first 10 minutes. Kick off is 10pm here, gets worse when day light saving ends in the UK as it’ll be 11pm kick off.

Was meant to be doing university work up until kick off but the systems still down. Has been a cyber attack. Seriously 2020 could not get any weirder! might set up ifollow now just in case :ROFL:

Watching the game with my dad via a zoom link so we can chat during the match. Could be fantastic or disastrous depending on whether our respective links work properly and sync effectively so that one isn't ahead of the other.

Soccer Saturday on the TV

iFollow on the iPad

Bets all placed... and ready to lose

Cans in the fridge

Tapas for dinner

Every day after that is down hill. You've reached utopia right there.

The wife is taking the kids to the park to play with their friends so I'll be watching the f1 qualifying followed by the match whilst painting the living room, then it'll be a cheeky chinky for tea whilst debating on here just how soon we will secure promotion following the win

A real sofa day for me as will be watching Fulham Arsenal and Liverpool Leeds with the big one from Roots Hall on ifollow inbetween. Have not missed a home game at Roots Hall other than a few when I have been away for many years so will seem strange watching on TV when less than two miles from the ground.
Three will be enough games though as not a fan of Saturday night football especially when it is the Hamsters.

Back