• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
Passion, flair, nice football and a team with a smile on there face
Lets put the youth team out at Rotherham Saturday at least you get to see some passion and some free flowing moves not hoofing it and hoping for the best.
well done ricky!!!

Lets put the youth team out at Rotherham Saturday at least you get to see some passion and some free flowing moves not hoofing it and hoping for the best.
well done ricky!!!

They would get murdered. How about you post something sensible for once

Sorry what? I don't care if there's more passion losing 10-0 doesn't appeal, at least we have a slim chance of a draw playing the 1st team

howaboutno.jpg

Agreed. I really rate the crop of youth team players coming through and they all have big futures at Roots Hall but agree we need to blood them in 1 at a time like has been done with Ferdinand.
A full first team needs to be played Saturday vs Rotherham.
Although take nothing away from the youngsters, superb last night, knocking out a Championship side Coventry City.

well done ricky!!!

I really don't think you can fault the first team for passion. I'm also not sure how much nice football and smiling the youth team would be doing when being smashed by Rotherham.

Anyway, good result last night. Are you going to give Ron some credit for backing Ricky Duncan and protecting the investment in the youth team? People are quick to blame him when things go wrong, but there's rarely any praise for the successes. Now you've got a rare opportunity are you going to say well done on this at least, Ron?

I really don't think you can fault the first team for passion. I'm also not sure how much nice football and smiling the youth team would be doing when being smashed by Rotherham.

Anyway, good result last night. Are you going to give Ron some credit for backing Ricky Duncan and protecting the investment in the youth team? People are quick to blame him when things go wrong, but there's rarely any praise for the successes. Now you've got a rare opportunity are you going to say well done on this at least, Ron?

If a burglar steals everything from your home and then leaves you a note telling you your milk is still on the doorstep..would you say well done to him?

I'd suggest the more appropriate analogy would be someone who was looking after your house when it burnt down, but managed to salvage things from the fire.

Would I thank them? Yes, because the house was already on fire and although they helped fan the flames they were trying to help and didn't want it to burn down and indeed got burnt in the process.

Well done Ron your doing a fantastic job. I’m so happy the youth team are doing well in spite of the first team i watch every week being absolutely abysmal

I'd suggest the more appropriate analogy would be someone who was looking after your house when it burnt down, but managed to salvage things from the fire.

Would I thank them? Yes, because the house was already on fire and although they helped fan the flames they were trying to help and didn't want it to burn down and indeed got burnt in the process.

What if they started the fire Yorky?

I would like to thank the Trust for their investment into the youth team. But of course the usual suspects would claim they're in bed with Ron etc etc etc.

What if they started the fire Yorky?

They didn't start the fire.

A quick look at the accounts when Ron purchased the club will show that the club was millions of pounds in debt AND was losing vast sums of money each year. The fire was already going some time earlier.

They didn't start the fire.

A quick look at the accounts when Ron purchased the club will show that the club was millions of pounds in debt AND was losing vast sums of money each year. The fire was already going some time earlier.

Oh so its ok for Ronald to chuck Petrol onto it to enlarge his ego, rather than the initial water that would of reduced that debt?

Back