• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have seen many players worse than Cassidy at RH

Ramsey, Whymark, Young, Lampard Snr, Neville Southall, That godawful loanee from Watford , more recently , Connelly, Livett, Prudoe

I saw Richard Young miss an open goal from about three yards. There wasn't a defender near him either, the ball rolled off his foot and went wide. He really was ****.

I saw Richard Young miss an open goal from about three yards. There wasn't a defender near him either, the ball rolled off his foot and went wide. He really was ****.

I'm surprised you kept your eyes open in expectation ogf a goal!

Have we all forgotten

Neville Roach apparently cost us £30k
Barrington Belgrave
Mario Walsh
Neil Cambell
Barry Conlon
and Greig Shepherd

I see Ranger is the latest scapegoat!

Let's be honest, he's not been playing well, but bar one or two, I can't think of many who've been covering themselves in glory as of late. He's just moved to Southend which will hopefully stop him being late to training. As I've said before, I don't think we play to his strengths with our style of play. He needs constant balls in the box to attack with his height and strength. Too often this season I've seen him used for hold up play, which is a waste of his talents. Look how prolific Corr was when he went to Cambridge and played for a team that was built around him.

If we can get some decent service to him, Cox will also prosper from the knockdowns, saves etc. It's easy to criticise by looking at some numbers, but I think the criticism is a tad harsh.

Gary Hooper. The fact he scored just two goals for us and then went on and scored all those goals for Scunthorpe and Celtic just made me feel sick.
Before we let him go,he’d more than shown his potential by netting masses of goals on loan at league 2 Hereford.Think he must have scored more than 2 for us,despite Tilson sticking him out on the wing.I saw him net twice at Leeds in the 3-1 League Cup win.

Before we let him go,he’d more than shown his potential by netting masses of goals on loan at league 2 Hereford.Think he must have scored more than 2 for us,despite Tilson sticking him out on the wing.I saw him net twice at Leeds in the 3-1 League Cup win.

Yep, we were there for that, and forced my Yorkshire born and bred step father-in-law in our end! A great evening!

He got 11 goals in 19 games at Hereford where he was partnered with another young loanee a certain Theo Robinson who was on loan from Watford, with Ben Smith supplying the ammo. Theo got 13 goals that season.

Hooper is 30 in January so maybe their partnership will be reformed in a couple of years time.

We didn't really let him go - we did get £175k plus a chunk of his £2.4m sell on to Celtic.

One of Tilly and Brush's few failings which they readily acknowledged - they couldn't get the best out of him. I think he needed pace up there with him rather than a target man. Wasn't his dad a bit of a pain interfering?

One of Tilly and Brush's few failings which they readily acknowledged - they couldn't get the best out of him. I think he needed pace up there with him rather than a target man. Wasn't his dad a bit of a pain interfering?

Yes, I seem to recall that too, it wasn't until he was away from his dad that his performances soared.

Have we all forgotten

Neville Roach apparently cost us £30k
Barrington Belgrave
Mario Walsh
Neil Cambell
Barry Conlon
and Greig Shepherd

I was wondering if someone would mention Neville Roach. My abiding memory of Roach was seeing him played in with a weighted ball to feet, 2 yards out with an open goal and executing an air-kick. I believe he was an international too!

...and what about the legendary Tesfaye Bramble. Goal ratio of approx 1 in 5. I guess we've had worse, although he remains the only striker I've seen who was further off the ground when standing there than when jumping.

...and what about the legendary Tesfaye Bramble. Goal ratio of approx 1 in 5. I guess we've had worse, although he remains the only striker I've seen who was further off the ground when standing there than when jumping.

He was great in goal though......

I was also thinking of Ben Abbey ..but then I found two goals he scored at Orient on You Tube and forgave him.

I was also thinking of Ben Abbey ..but then I found two goals he scored at Orient on You Tube and forgave him.

For complicated reasons I was sitting on my own in the main stand that day. I leapt to my feet, cheering for both the goals. This probably did rub a bit of salt into the long suffering Os fans surrounding me but they didn't say anything, they just looked at me rather glumly.

I don't think I ever again found it necessary to celebrate a Ben Abbey goal, though.

Last edited:

Who let the Abbey out! I was there that day :thumbsup:

What about Barrington Belgrave I dont remember him scoring many goals?

Back