• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Nile Ranger must have one of the lowest goals per minutes played ratio of any Southend player.

How does he rate compared to some of our less illustrious players over the years?

Dr*we Br*ughton 1 goal (net) in 31+13 league appearances
Nile Ranger 9 goals in 27+13 league appearances

Unless he scores 8 own goals in his next 4 appearances he's not going to be bottom of any list.

Nile Ranger must have one of the lowest goals per minutes played ratio of any Southend player.

How does he rate compared to some of our less illustrious players over the years?

I think his record shows that he has never been a prolific scorer. I do feel, with his attributes, he is failing badly as the target man he really could be. He needs to learn from Fortune how to use his body, oh and to run sometimes, because he could be very effective. Many past failures, in a Blues shirt, never had the potential Ranger undoubtedly has. I am beginning to believe, that unless he responds to the effect of bloody big rocket up his harris, then he is going to drift into oblivion. He talks the talk but...

Gavin Tomlin didnt score in his first 20 odd games for us , then he got one in off his backside + he suddenly turned into Pele + became prolific.

Confidence is the key to it.

Cox , Ranger + Fortune will all get double figures before the end of the season. Keep the faith. :clap::clap::clap:

Richard Young never scored.

Ranger averages a league goal every 3 matches for us (3.054)
Cox is 2.48 matches
Robinson 3.45 matches (mainly from his loan spell I suspect!)
Fortune 3.70 matches
Dave Mooney 3.77 matches

Top of the list*
Corr 2.14 matches

*(From when accurate records of minutes played are available c2005)

Dr*we Br*ughton 1 goal (net) in 31+13 league appearances
Nile Ranger 9 goals in 27+13 league appearances

Unless he scores 8 own goals in his next 4 appearances he's not going to be bottom of any list.

and he was lazy

and he would swan about in his white boots blaming his team mates for his own short comings

and he was a 5 star c word

Jake Cassidy....

Before joining Southend Utd, he made 20 appearances for Wolves, and failed to score a single goal.

Then we signed him, and he never scored a single goal for us in his 17 appearances.

He then moved to Oldham on a 2 year contract, and never scored a single goal for them either!...His contract was cancelled after just one season! :smile:

Gavin Tomlin didnt score in his first 20 odd games for us , then he got one in off his backside + he suddenly turned into Pele + became prolific.

Confidence is the key to it.

Cox , Ranger + Fortune will all get double figures before the end of the season. Keep the faith. :clap::clap::clap:

Cox I can believe (he had a pretty poor first half of the season last year as well), Ranger is good in the air so if he gets his act together he might be able to creep into double figures, I can't see it happening for Fortune though, despite being a forward the guy seems much more comfortable setting up others than taking a shot himself (I'd still have him in the team though).

Back