• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leaving drinks etiquette

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I am leaving my job this Friday and am having leaving drinks in the City.

Is it the done think to buy everyone a drink as they arrive or open a tab and have a free for all?

Please bear in mind that out of politeness I sent a bulk invitation which has been accepted by some who I have never so much as spoken to in three years on the job.

Last edited:
Ferk me, just arranged mine and they're won't be either of them options :stunned:

Where you moving to Paul?

Get the first few rounds in. Opening a tab could get messy.

Or if you've going somewhere where they do some food, get some platters in.

Ferk me, just arranged mine and they're won't be either of them options :stunned:

Ditto for this.

Is it the done think to buy everyone a drink as they arrive or open a tab and have a free for all?

Please bear in mind that out of politeness I sent a bulk invitation which has been accepted by some who I have never spoken two in three years on the job.

It is their responsibility to buy you a drink. After all, it is they who have had the pleasure and honour of working with you.

Where you moving to Paul?

Get the first few rounds in. Opening a tab could get messy.

Or if you've going somewhere where they do some food, get some platters in.

Internal promotion mate, still based in MK.

Please bear in mind that out of politeness I sent a bulk invitation which has been accepted by some who I have never so much as spoken to in three years on the job.

We always put our cards behind the bar and paid for the lot.

I'm getting a bit of a payrise, I've not won the lottery!

I didn't say you should follow suit. It's just that was what was expected in the city. It probably still is. As it is I think my bill came to about £300-£400. Mind you that was about 10-12 years ago. Heaven knows what it would cost now.

I could afford it in those days what with being single.

I didn't say you should follow suit. It's just that was what was expected in the city. It probably still is. As it is I think my bill came to about £300-£400. Mind you that was about 10-12 years ago. Heaven knows what it would cost now.

I could afford it in those days what with being single.

I am pretty sure I have selected the cheapest pub in the Fleet Street area so am hoping to get away with less than that.

When people at our place leave they're generally walked off the premises immediately so we never tend to have any leaving dos!

Your line manager should put his/her card behind the bar (and promptly claim it back on expenses the next week), and then everyone else should use this tab to get you fuuuukd on Jaegerbombs and Tequisky's :thumbsup:

When people at our place leave they're generally walked off the premises immediately so we never tend to have any leaving dos!

Same for the Traders, Sales people at my place however software developers are not deemed so important.

I don't personally think in this day and age you are required to get all the drinks in even in the City.

Personally would get a round and maybe organise a platter of nibbles. Any more than that is over kill and not really expected for my mind. Most people are coming to say goodbye not because they expect a **** up at your expense.

I don't personally think in this day and age you are required to get all the drinks in even in the City.

Personally would get a round and maybe organise a platter of nibbles. Any more than that is over kill and not really expected for my mind. Most people are coming to say goodbye not because they expect a **** up at your expense.

Agree with this. Start a tab but, crucially, keep control of the card.

Back