• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barnard would be a great signing,with him being a local lad if he can come to a financial agreement with Southampton it could be a goer.I would have thought a few league 1 clubs would have a interest in him as well though.

I doubt he would want a return after our vile chairman spouted nonsense about him 'downing tools' a few years ago.

Come on he is never going to come here is he. Established player with a good track record at this level and a premier wage as well. Would love it to be true but think there is more chance of my joining than Lee sadly.

Cant see it happening myself .But in the crazy world of football you never know . Maybe just maybe he would like to help the club out of its present plight by putting bums back on seats .And he could probable do just that .:omg:

Cant see it happening myself .But in the crazy world of football you never know . Maybe just maybe he would like to help the club out of its present plight by putting bums back on seats .And he could probable do just that .:omg:

The first rule of footballers. Its all about the money. No chance.

There was a time when the return of Eastwood would have been unlikely.

Dont see it myself but odd things do happen now an dain.

He has another year on his deal at Southampton. He's not going to get anything like the same money at any club who would be interested in him so if Southampton want rid of him they'll have to pay him up or subsidise the majority of his wages like they did during both of his loan spells last season.

It's a pretty similar situation to Freddy Eastwood's last season at Coventry.

i heard he was on 14K a week , thats 7 decent players worth as far as we are concerned , for that kind of money hes not worth it

Lee was an 'unlikely' (although I was warming to the idea for a short while) suspect when we were searching for a player with a premier league side, who was playing in League One last season. He was one of a few that fitted the description................. I reckon their story goes no further than that. We now know that the person we're trying to bring in is Forte. I'd quite happily have egg on my face when there is a grinning Lee Barnard on the OS this afternoon, although, IMHO, I don't think there's much chance of that.

Lee was an 'unlikely' (although I was warming to the idea for a short while) suspect when we were searching for a player with a premier league side, who was playing in League One last season. He was one of a few that fitted the description................. I reckon their story goes no further than that. We now know that the person we're trying to bring in is Forte. I'd quite happily have egg on my face when there is a grinning Lee Barnard on the OS this afternoon, although, IMHO, I don't think there's much chance of that.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.I agree there's little chance of it happening however.Personally I date our most recent decline from the moment of his transfer.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.I agree there's little chance of it happening however.Personally I date our most recent decline from the moment of his transfer.

Which is the time when our financial issues hit....

Which is the time when our financial issues hit....

no i totally agree with BarnaBlue , should have never have sold him , should have kept him till the end of the season and given him away for free , being relegated cost us way more than what we made from him . but as you said , financial problems probably had our hands tide

no i totally agree with BarnaBlue , should have never have sold him , should have kept him till the end of the season and given him away for free , being relegated cost us way more than what we made from him . but as you said , financial problems probably had our hands tide

I for once agree with Barna too and I stated at the time it was the wrong decision. I know it was mentioned an unhappy player won't put in the effort etc but I do feel keeping Barnard would have saved us from relegation. Reminded me very much of the season we let Tilly go when he was playing for us and we got relegated that season too. Releasing key players was the catalyst for our decline on both occasions.

On the other hand, maybe the Barnard money kept us afloat and without the sale we would be no more anyway.

i heard he was on 14K a week , thats 7 decent players worth as far as we are concerned , for that kind of money hes not worth it

I know its all hypothetical as its not going to happen but you really think Southend would stump up anything like that a month? Maybe 10% but that's an absolute maximum.

Back