• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lee Barnard

blue heaven

Coach
Spoke to a mate today who is a Spurs nut he claims we should take Lee Barnard on loan.He has been the leading scorer in the reserves for the last couple of seasons and is meant to be very hot player.Take him on season loan and flog Lawson to Notts County.

Sounds good to me!
tounge.gif

Cant see it happening to be honest although it would be great news.

He's highly rated by Spurs and think if he was to go out on loan it would be to a so-called 'bigger club' than us!

heard good things about him also, but doubt it. i think tilly wants to get ricketts fit and playing with us before he starts looking to see if the front-line needs working on, at the moment we are looking ok for strikers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Aug. 30 2006,21:31)]heard good things about him also, but doubt it. i think tilly wants to get ricketts fit and playing with us before he starts looking to see if the front-line needs working on, at the moment we are looking ok for strikers
Maybe in numbers mate. But no one's looked like scoring other than freddy, throughout the whole side all season. Ok bar sunderland game which i couldnt make. Hopefully Ricketts will hit the ground running and give the whole side a boost.

Roll on the transfer deadline.

I think it must have been message boards which prompted UEFA to introduce it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OneDreweBroughton @ Aug. 30 2006,21:54)]Roll on the transfer deadline.

I think it must have been message boards which prompted UEFA to introduce it.
biggrin.gif

With you on that

Spoke to a mate at work who is a Spurs STH, and he said Barnard is good but wont make it at Tottenham.

He also said Barnard hasn't got much pace, and is your usual type of striker.

Perhaps a loan move would be good.

Also as others have said on here, he scores for fun in THFC reserves!

Would be a good move.

a couple of my mates went to school with him because i believe he went to school in billericay...

he has been a scoring sensation in reserve team football, regular football at this level and he could possibly crack it, but i do believe it would be a gamble, and also we are not actually after him...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue heaven @ Aug. 30 2006,20:19)]Spoke to a mate today who is a Spurs nut he claims we should take Lee Barnard on loan.He has been the leading scorer in the reserves for the last couple of seasons and is meant to be very hot player.Take him on season loan and flog Lawson to Notts County.
Spurs always have "free-scoring" strikers coming through the ranks and banging in goals in the reserves....cant remember the last one that went on to be successful though....Rory Allen wasnt bad until he went round the twist.

The guy has scored one goal in 23 appearances for Exeter, Stevenage, Orient and Northampton. He's crap.

Back