• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

100% no.

Because whilst he wouldnt have chosen him originally and might not see him as his first choice he still recognises Barnard as an experienced pro and thinks he is the best option in the absence of Corr.

He is not being forced to play him, he had only played 14 minutes in 5 games prior to Saturday so the only logical and reasonable reason he played on Saturday was because he thought he was the best player to put on.

As for budgets, yes Barnard will be taking part of that, but it didnt stop us buying Bolger for 25k and now having 4 centre halveson our books, if the budget was that much of an issue and Brown wanted another striker he wouldnt have signed either him or Max

These facts will of course no doubt be totally ignored and you will continue to look for conspiracy theories to match your perceptions.

Assume you are a manager of a Sunday team and the chairman orders you to play his son who you perceive not good enough for your team,You have the simple choice of swallowing your pride and play his son or you walk away which if you walked it will have no bearing on your financial life,Consider the same scenario but now you are a pro manager and your family and yourself depend on your job..What would you do then?

Can you think if a logical scenario where Phil is being forced to play him. Forced by who, what motive and also think about the bigger picture at the same time. Ie the club, the chairman, the manager all want promotion[/

Football club owners want the best for themselves,Sometimes relegation is what they want simply because the wage bill will reduce considerably .Whether this event happened here I don't know but Tilson was left high and dry during the relegation from league 1.

You have hit a new high !! You are saying that Ron wants to get either relagated from League 2 or not get promoted and therefore has handicapped Phil by signing Barny ! I give you that currently Barny needs to step up a gear, but this new theory is shocking, even by your standards !

Tilly was left high and dry because we had no money, no credit, nothing ... !!

Assume you are a manager of a Sunday team and the chairman orders you to play his son who you perceive not good enough for your team,You have the simple choice of swallowing your pride and play his son or you walk away which if you walked it will have no bearing on your financial life,Consider the same scenario but now you are a pro manager and your family and yourself depend on your job..What would you do then?

Lee Barnard has played 14 minutes in the previous 5 games. He is barely being played, so he is therefore logically not being forced to play.

Do you ever bother reading people's replies to you ?

Football club owners want the best for themselves,Sometimes relegation is what they want simply because the wage bill will reduce considerably .Whether this event happened here I don't know but Tilson was left high and dry during the relegation from league 1.

You can reduce the wage bill without getting relegated. We stopped paying Barrett etc so they could cancel their contracts and leave, we didnt have to go down to do that and if you did that and stay up you get a lower wage bill and retain the higher income.

Tilson was left high and dry because we ran out of money and had a 2.2 million pound tax bill to pay.

MrsBlue Conspiracy #121

Lee Barnard has played 14 minutes in the previous 5 games. He is barely being played, so he is therefore logically not being forced to play.

Do you ever bother reading people's replies to you ?

Yes I read it,

Lee since his return has played nearly 1000 minutes,True this season he has hardly featured maybe because he is injured or any other reason .You failed to answer my question.

I don't believe most of the stuff the club says.

Yes I read it,

Lee since his return has played nearly 1000 minutes,True this season he has hardly featured maybe because he is injured or any other reason .You failed to answer my question.

I don't believe most of the stuff the club says.

He hasnt been injured, he has been on the bench every week and in the past 6 games and only come on in two of them .

He is not playing so he has not being forced to play him so your point was totally irrelevant.

Can you think if a logical scenario where Phil is being forced to play him. Forced by who, what motive and also think about the bigger picture at the same time. Ie the club, the chairman, the manager all want promotion[/

So Brown is being forced to play Barney to ensure we get relegated. Yep, no holes at all in your logic . I am surprised you haven't suggested that Williams isn't being played in case he is brilliant and propells us up the league. Ron wouldn't like that at all

Oh mrsblue, PB has been playing those pacey youngsters you are so enamoured of the last few games because they had been doing so well. Why would you unnecessarily change a winning team to accommodate Barnard? :facepalm:

PB had a playing format that suited the players he selected. Personally, I think it needs changing and felt Barnard should have started on Saturday, he has the experience and the nous to do well against teams of Morecambe's type.

This thread could have been Freddy's one last season with only the names being changed.

Back