• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leeds - Administration?

EastStandBlue

Life President
According to breaking news on Radio One (Ok, i know... hardly a reputable source) Leeds could be set announce Administration in the next 7 days.

If this is true, the obligatory 10 point would come into effect... How do you think this would have effected our run in had this happened weeks ago and not in the last week of the season? It's obvious that they've held this off until relegation is almost a certainty and they don't want to be hindered in anyway next season.

10 points deduction doesn't kick in until sesaon after administration is declared. Therefore they will (if they go into admin) start next season ten points down and with an uphill battle to get into playoffs. Should hopefully affect their chances of getting/keeping good players as likely to be in Div 1 for 2-3 sesaons if not longer.

On your point don't think it would have made any difference to us at all. We simply couldn't do it for ourselfs when the going got tough towards the end. The run of recent home defeats is what did for us not what Leeds, Hull or anyone else has done.

Nope. Hidden away on page 482 in the FA standardised rules under Section 14 "Sporting Sanctions" the subsection 14.2.1 says that if the insolvency takes place "at any time during the Playing Season, the points deduction shall apply immediately".

So Leeds will get it done before Sunday & take the 10 points this year when it doesn't now matter.

Oh well at least we won't be bottom!

Indeed, this means we are likely (barring another Luton win) to finish 22nd, which would be a terrific achievement for Tilly and Brush, as we are only the 23rd biggest club in the division.

Nope. Hidden away on page 482 in the FA standardised rules under Section 14 "Sporting Sanctions" the subsection 14.2.1 says that if the insolvency takes place "at any time during the Playing Season, the points deduction shall apply immediately".

So Leeds will get it done before Sunday & take the 10 points this year when it doesn't now matter.

How ridiculous is that? You would think the FA would have removed such a stupid loophole.

But surely Rotherham took the hit the season after they went in to administration. Have I got dates muddled up or would they have been that stupid?

Absolutely Scandalous that they have waited to see if they stayed up or not to put this action into place. Surely this wont be allowed to stand. It makes a mockery of every other team that find themselves in trouble. :mad:

Absolutely Scandalous that they have waited to see if they stayed up or not to put this action into place. Surely this wont be allowed to stand. It makes a mockery of every other team that find themselves in trouble. :mad:

It's exactly what Cambridge did two seasons ago. You would have thought the loophole would have been plugged, but:

a) Two years isn't very long for the FL to get their **** into gear, and

b) Leeds are a big club and are needed back where they "belong" as fast as possible. :mad:

But surely Rotherham took the hit the season after they went in to administration. Have I got dates muddled up or would they have been that stupid?
I think with Rotherham you'll probably find that everyone was expecting them to go into administration and assumed it had happened but the technical parts of the insolvency weren't entered until after the season finished.

Looking at the attached, reported on 9th May 2006, I think they probably did the reverse of Leeds & timed it for after the season finished as they'd finished 2 points above the relegation places. So for them to have taken the 10 point deduction in 2005/6 would have relegated them. At least with -10 at the start of 2006/7 season they had 46 matches to recover it. Ddin't manage that but at one stage it looked like they might.

http://www.clubsincrisis.com/Club_Detail.asp?Key=70

So like Leeds appear to be doing, Rotherham also used the cut off rule to their advantage.

I know its highly unlikely but they can still stay up. I am sure the players cannot be too happy with this.
After what happened on Saturday leeds deserve to be thrown out of the League anyway. I am sure just like with all their extra loan players it will all be swept under the carpet.

I know its highly unlikely but they can still stay up. I am sure the players cannot be too happy with this.
After what happened on Saturday leeds deserve to be thrown out of the League anyway. I am sure just like with all their extra loan players it will all be swept under the carpet.

i wouldn't call a 9-goal reverse anything more than a mathematical possibility. they are down

northern scum bags, shurely the fa would take some sort of action, its to far into the season to take 10 points of em. if they do do it i hope it goes tits up and they lose 10 points next season, getting relegated again. now that would be funny.

I thought this 'loophole' had been closed, after a number of non-league teams kept trying it on.. Didnt Hornchurch pull this one?

Either way, they should have points deducted next season for failing to control their fans and having to stop the game for 30mins!
It really is one of the worst clubs in the country in every possible way. I was at uni in Leeds and their fans are the worst I've ever seen.

I thought this 'loophole' had been closed, after a number of non-league teams kept trying it on.. Didnt Hornchurch pull this one?

Hornchurch certainly did not get away with it, and ended up back down in the Essex Senior league... (since then they have been promoted back to back)

It will be a total Injustice if they get away with all this bolix:mad:

Back