• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leeds to consider suing over Tevez

I knew there was a reason I hated that man.

Ken Bates said:
"There are other clubs in the same boat who have similar claims.

"Ours is the biggest claim and it would be nice to collect that and strengthen our squad.

How I love this! The Cockney Bankers cheat, stay up, have to cough upo £20M to shut up the Sheffield Tossers & it still won't go away!

That will teach the Premiershite to treat the "big boys" differently to the likes of the Rotherhams, Lutons etc. I know they did other naughty things, but playing an ineligible player is always a points deduction! Just ask any Sunday morning park team, they don't get fined £20 & told not to do it again, either!!

In a statement on their club website, West Ham said: "It is now becoming clear that the ruling by Lord Griffiths has encouraged a potentially endless legal chain of claims and counter claims, which can only be damaging to English football.
"As a club we will strongly resist any attempts to prolong this matter through the courts both to protect our interests and those of the wider game. "There is a lot more at stake than the finances of West Ham United and we will do all we can to stop this matter ending in a form of legal anarchy."
As opposed to the Footballing anarchy they benefited from in the first place, of course.

This is a copy of an e-mail I've sent to Niall Quinn (he gives his e-mail addy freely in one of those general Sunderland blurbs I get from time to time) as he said you can get in touch with him about any club issues: -

Dear Niall,

I'm a Sunderland follower, rather than supporter, through my father's family roots (a Hendon lad) so I always look out for their results and go to the occasional game. I also scour the news. For my sins, and to put your furiously curious mind at rest, I'm a Southend United supporter of 30+ years standing and sitting.

Anyway I digress. I saw today that Leeds are suing West Ham over the Tevez affair as they didn't receive the add-ons for transfer fees received when selling players to Sheffield United.

You may not be aware but just prior to you returning to Sunderland as chairman the club sold a plank of wood masquerading as a striker answering to the name of Jonathan Stead. Like dirty Leeds and their cacky players Sunderland also agreed add-ons based upon Sheffield United's Premier League survival.

Can you please do all of Southend a favour and sue those cheating cockney wide-boys for every Icelandic kroner or whatever it's called (probably Euro as they're in the EU) they have, which in their case is probably about £25.37 worth. You see, they swan around South Essex as if they own the place, their disgusting fat guts peeking out of their shirts as they stroll down Southend seafront.

They have the temerity to suggest that Southend is West Ham territory, even though trains from Southend to the East End are virtually empty when they leave the town on matchdays, as are the roads, and we get anything between 6 and 11 thousand at Roots Hall. Even the local paper, as in Sunderland called the Echo, gives them ridiculous coverage.

I've had enough. Niall, you're a decent, kindly man and the decent, kindly thing to do would be to bankrupt West Ham, set fire to the Boleyn Ground and punch ex-Hammer Harry Redknapp repeatedly (by the way, well done for stitching him up completely by promising to sell him Kenwyne Jones and offloading Pascal Chimbonda instead, old saggy jowls had it coming to him). You know it makes sense.

Yours in sport

Groyney (Southchurch Village)

P. S. - well done for shaking Roy Keane's hand as he was being sent off when Sunderland played Man Ure in 2002. I hope you done likewise when he spat his dummy out again this season. Great footballing mind my ar5e, £3m for Greg Halford, £5m for Michael Chopra - he must have got his transfer advice for Barry Fry.

With any luck my OBE for football services will be in the post seeing as the birthday honours list is due out in a few weeks.

I knew there was a reason I hated that man.

There are other clubs in the same boat who have similar claims.

"Ours is the biggest claim and it would be nice to collect that and strengthen our squad.

Hmmm like the Police, St Johns ambulance, British Taxpayer were paid their claims too.......

If he wins any lawsuit, which I very much his doubt, his defaulted creditors should get the lot

Leeds Do have a case as they Did lose £500,000.00 when Sheff Utd got relegated

Love him or hate him ken Bates is right to claim this money just like Sheff Utd did ..

I think they should be suing the EPL for their failure to apply their own regulations.

Hmmm like the Police, St Johns ambulance, British Taxpayer were paid their claims too.......

If he wins any lawsuit, which I very much his doubt, his defaulted creditors should get the lot

Leeds Do have a case as they Did lose £500,000.00 when Sheff Utd got relegated

Love him or hate him ken Bates is right to claim this money just like Sheff Utd did ..

Two very good points. First of all the reaction from most Leeds fans is to laugh. This is the reason Bates is still in football, he just loves an argument. We do appear to have a good case, that said its not about the money. Its about Bates getting one over someone.

The second point is that any money owed would be owed to the previous "Leeds United" company that Bates wrote off. Would he still be entitled to it??

Best thing to do is leave the senile, old git to it

The second point is that any money owed would be owed to the previous "Leeds United" company that Bates wrote off. Would he still be entitled to it??

I think that the CVA was agreed after the date at which the money was due so , had Sheff utd stayed up the "add ons" would have been an asset of the previous administration and would have been available to offset creditors.
as such I do wonder if Bates has any actual legal claim to the funds.
Now if the inland revenue, Yorkshire police etc were to sue West Ham that would be interesting.

what if Bates were to decide that with the Sheff utd money, Leeds would have been in a position to agree the CVA on time , thereby avoiding the 10 point deduction. he could then sue west Ham for all the loss of earnings from missing out on promotion !

Back