• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Not wanting to hijack the debate on what happened in Norway, I thought i'd start a new thread about left and right wing terrorists.

From my observations (and these are just my opinions) it seems to me that there is a real difference between the two. It seems to me that right wingers actually go out to kill. For example, Itamar was a right wing act, as was the attack on Oklahoma City by Timothy McVeigh.

Left wingers tend to go out to make themselves a victim in order to garner sympathy and to turn public opinion against their "enemy". For example, the aid boats to Gaza. (I don't want to get into the rights or wrongs of that, but suffice it to say, there is no real need for these boats since the borders between Gaza and Israel, and Gaza and Egypt allow in food etc, the only thing both the Israelis and Egyptians do is make sure there is nothing that can be used as a weapon.) Other example of this are the riots in London where the Police end up looking the bad guys for trying to keep the peace by use of overly aggressive tactics. However, that is what left wingers want. They want to be the victim.

To me there is a difference in the tactics they use, but I also think both are as bad as eachother. Both lead to deaths, one kills their "enemy" and the other hopes to cause other peoples' deaths to gain sympathy and revulsion of their "enemy".

(I was thinking about this when I was in the gym about an hour ago, and had some really good examples on both sides, but can't for the life of me remember them now!)

Baader Meinhoff actively went out and killed. There's no difference between the two extremes in my eyes.

Right wing terrorists get associated (either by the media or by their own means) with Christianity, yet I feel that the Islamic terrorists could equally be percieved has having right wing views, its just they have a different starting point with regards to the "correct" race , religion etc.

The Norwegian attacks appear to be politically driven, the targets were actively political, ie Government or Youth party members. In this case given the documents etc, it was easy to label the attacker as "Right wing" the vast majority of political bombings are more territorial or about independence, ETA , IRA etc and do not slot into any easy left or right label. Although Left wing terrorism does seem to have been very much a 60's / 70's thing

Religious terrorists attacks appear to be executed with more fervour, they usually involve suicide and as the "target" is considerable more widespread , appear to be more indiscriminate.

All terrorism is wrong, just as tarring an entire race , religion or political persuasion , based on the actions of lunatic fanatics who commit atrocities in the "name" of their chosen belief

im a liberal terriost,i go out and tickle people,it costs less on bullets.
Dont like politics or reglion or people who like either,sad i know but in our world my family hurts no-one for our views

I'm sure there was a "terrorist" group that broke into peoples houses and re-arranged their furniture. That kind of political activisim I'm all up for.

Back