• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is this going to be just a t-shirt or will it be a shirt that we will be playing in?

Is this going to be just a t-shirt or will it be a shirt that we will be playing in?

That's what I want to know as well.

If it's a shirt the team will wear for the last season at The Hall, then I imagine many more would be tempted to part with a lot of money.

So you have to cough up £100 + VAT now just to put your name on there...then wait a year and then have to buy the shirt.

Seems like a great way of thanking the fans since 1955 for all their support.

mugrus.com

Blimey, Ron has used the credit crunch as a contributor to the clubs financial woes, yet expects fans to cough up £100 for a shirt we may or may not see in a year. I think with regret I may just turn this down.

Blimey, Ron has used the credit crunch as a contributor to the clubs financial woes, yet expects fans to cough up £100 for a shirt we may or may not see in a year. I think with regret I may just turn this down.

Yeah anyone who coughs up a ton plus for this needs their head checking.

I thought it was an April Fool six months early, the most bizarre marketing scheme I have ever seen. If I want my name on a shirt I can get it for for about £10 in Rayleigh Lanes market

That's what I want to know as well.

If it's a shirt the team will wear for the last season at The Hall, then I imagine many more would be tempted to part with a lot of money.

Indeed, I think this needs clarifying... I saw two lads at the game yesterday wearing shirts similar to Easton and Sturrock in the photoshoot, but the graphic on that website makes it look like it'll be a football shirt to be worn in a League game.

Bought into the share issue that didn't buy any players, didn't have the spare cash for the pre-season Christmas Season Ticket Club and have no inclination to give the man £100 + VAT for a shirt that may or may not appear prior to my death at some time in the future.

If you want fortunes put into the club Martin --- get yer purse out.

Always thought this looks like a t-shirt. My immediate reaction was to send an email saying all very well saying about the legacy of RH but there's been no news for months about FF or when anything is likely to happen. Why should I be interested in buying a shirt with 100 other people's name on it? This is just for sad people who want to feel they are part of "the legacy" by having their name on a shirt. Get a life

To be honest it's not a bad idea, but only as a cost covering excercise as a thankyou to the fans for their loyalty - but that wont happen.
Its yet another 'pip squeezing' scheme from a desperate man. The worthless 'share issue', having to renew your season ticket earlier and earlier, the 'cashless' card system in the West stand and probably more I cant think of off hand. Now trying to get 1000 mugs to cough up £100 each 'up front' and then expecting them to shell out another £50 or so a year later .........doh!
Too many 'schemes' and too late Mr Martin, no one will trust you with £100 of their hard-earned cash for a year, will they?

duncan-bannatyne.jpg

Mr Martin,

I think your idea is ludicrous, you expect me to part £100 for a t-shirt and not see any return on my investment until middle of next year and your putting a penny in yourself.

I think your living in a fantasy land and for that reason I will not be investing in your product.

I'm ooot.

What happens if you're not wearing that t-shirt when you need to remember your name? I don't think Ron's thought this through.

I will buy a t-shirt if it says

"Ron has left the building"

you treat us like mugs Ron and every week now you are losing fans who have been supporting you.

it all seems very confusing to me. not a very good description of what your actually buying in my opinion. a lot of money to part with and a long wait aswell. just seems all very strange.

On the surface a reasonable idea, fans names on the last shirt to be worn at The Hall, I remember an old Man U away shirt with Legends names on but to have fork out £117.50 to have your name on a shirt and then hand over £40 next season (or season after) to get the shirt I'm sorry

RIP OFF NOT INTERESTED RON!!!!!

Have to be honest the artist's impression looks pretty poor too!!!

I think it's a great idea... but it just goes to show what happens when trust is gone and people have had enough of promises that don't materialize.
I think what PS said the other week about loosing the confidence of the supporters and now having earn it back.
It's called social capital and when it's gone this is what happens. I guess this is part of the attempt to build that trust; but a bit mistimed and perhaps ill-advised at this early stage. Folks have a lot of raw nerves still it seems and aren't quite ready to bounce back yet. I think signing Moshni was a shot at building us up, as at one stage there we were all breaking our necks to have him long term; so they do it and people are livid.
It's going to take time, but I like where we are heading and amazed at what has been done to get us back on track.
I defiantly prefer the artists impression of an actual football shirt, but like everybody else on here I would like to see a bit more trust earned back from the club before I got one.

I agree with southend4eva and Kristof here. It's actually a fine idea - Alavés produced a shirt along similar lines for the 2001 UEFA Cup Final (see pic) - but this is not a good time to make a go of it. With trust in the club hierarchy at an all-time low it's difficult to see anyone going for it and I write as someone who may well have been tempted. As it is, I wouldn't part with any money on this until building work on the new ground is well underway.

uefa-cup-final-2001-_49501.jpg

Back