• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Legend Status

Legendary Status?

• Total voters

MrB

Life President
Thinking about death for no particular reason and a dilemma popped into my head.

You meet God, he offers you the option to do something before you do die that will cause you to become legendary forever, a face and name that people will still know in 500 years. In return you will lose 20 years from your life expectancy however you do not know the day you are due to die, it could be 20 years and one day from now, it could be 70 years.

So would you trade 20 years of your life for your name to live on forever as a true legend?

Blimey, B. That's a toughie. Still pondering it.

20 years of rude health vs. legendary status? No brainer - I'd go for the former.

20 years of incontinence & Alzheimer's vs. legendary status? No brainer - I'd go for the latter.

I guess we just don't know what hand we're going to be dealt...

Matt

I'm with MtS... It entirely depends on how old you are...

I was watching a programme the other day and they had the recognised oldest woman alive... She could barely speak let alone move and, for me, that's not life at all. Then you look at people in homes who suffer from incontinence, can't remember their own families and spend their days being nursed 24/7. It just isn't life.

That said, if those 20 years were spent with the family, travelling the world and enjoying life as it's supposed to be lived, then it's a foregone conclusion.

Therein lies the dilemma, imagine how gutted you'd be if you said no then copped it the next day anyway. Actually you wouldn't be that gutted, you'd be dead.

Its a difficult one.

The last 20 years of your life are probably amongst the most fun: old people seem to get away with a lot more things than young people do. You don't have to work, you don't have to walk anywhere, you get people falling over themselves to help you and all the time you just drive around in your mobility scooter, getting in people's way, saying the most offensive things whilst ****ing yourself and claiming selective memory and hearing. Or at least that is what Cricko does.

Well it depends on what you become a legend for doesn't it. You could agree and say yes I'll sacrifice 20 years of my life for my legendary status. Only to find you become the next Hitler and get killed by a baying mob.

Just a thought.

Its a difficult one.

The last 20 years of your life are probably amongst the most fun: old people seem to get away with a lot more things than young people do. You don't have to work, you don't have to walk anywhere, you get people falling over themselves to help you and all the time you just drive around in your mobility scooter, getting in people's way, saying the most offensive things whilst ****ing yourself and claiming selective memory and hearing. Or at least that is what Cricko does.

Doesn't sound a million miles away from your life either fella...

On the subject at hand - legendary status should be earned by doing legendary things. If you could just buy that status (albeit in this case with a hefty price tag - 20 years of life) then it hugely diminishes the legend...

... a bit like Chelsea really.

Last edited:
Back