• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lehman Bros.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Anyone here likely to be directly affected by them filing for bankruptcy?

Looking out of my window at Canary Wharf it seems they can't even afford to turn the lights on.

Think my law firm maybe involved in this, we had a conflict check email come round at 6am this morning asking if anyone in the firm or our families have shares in Lehman Brothers - looks like they may be acting for them in some way.....

Going to be a marvellous week to buy buy buy shares as they plummet around the globe. Matter of time before they recover - invest what you can afford and wait for a nice return in about two years. Probably. ;)

Looks like our firm has the case, ive just been asked to make up a folder titled "Lehman Brothers - Bankruptcy - Background info" ha.

Got a dozen messages from various traders at Lehmans this morning saying thanks and goodbye - they've left the building already.

Should do - I think they're preferred creditors

So as long as there are enough assets in the company they'll get paid out first. In the bond market we are expecting there to be a recovery value on Lehman senior debt, so I would expect employees to be paid out in full.

Yeah - this blows. Sat here now and no-one has the first idea of what is going to happen next... it's great.....
Same as Mark, just sat here waiting to see if i get paid.... "fortunately" i already had a plane ticket booked to get back for a wedding, guess i make it a one way ticket now!!

Anyone got any job openings?

Yeah - this blows. Sat here now and no-one has the first idea of what is going to happen next... it's great.....
Same as Mark, just sat here waiting to see if i get paid.... "fortunately" i already had a plane ticket booked to get back for a wedding, guess i make it a one way ticket now!!

Anyone got any job openings?

I don't think Merrill Lynch looks like a good option.....

Pierce & Pierce? (Is that a shoestore?)

I'm astonished that from my limited business page reading I hadn't seen any forewarning on this. I'm pretty sure none of my friends in the city are directly affected by this.

I'm astonished that from my limited business page reading I hadn't seen any forewarning on this. I'm pretty sure none of my friends in the city are directly affected by this.

Lehmans had been rumoured for several months to be in trouble. Last week they brought forward a results announcement to try to quell rumours. I guess the surprise is they haven't been bailed out by the Fed - perhaps they're running short of cash!

Back