• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leicester fan cashed out.

mrsblue

Banned
City fan cashed out his bet,his pre season £50 wager at odds of 5000/1 would have won the fan 250k if city win the league,the fan however decided to take £72,000 just in case,hours after he cashed out the bet was worth 91k cash out.

Money is king so take the dosh.

There has ben a few stories of this ilk, one punter was on for £25,000 and took £3,200.

The small question - what will (s)he do with it? A very quick look on internet shows - a one bed flat for £70,000, a nice 3 bed semi for £150,000. Now, we don't know the punter's personal circumstances. We can only surmise. so...

The BIG question .. what would we all do? £250,000 (a quarter of a million....gulp!) is, for most of us if not all, an amount that would change our lives. Would you hang on in there or cash up?

There has ben a few stories of this ilk, one punter was on for £25,000 and took £3,200.

The small question - what will (s)he do with it? A very quick look on internet shows - a one bed flat for £70,000, a nice 3 bed semi for £150,000. Now, we don't know the punter's personal circumstances. We can only surmise. so...

The BIG question .. what would we all do? £250,000 (a quarter of a million....gulp!) is, for most of us if not all, an amount that would change our lives. Would you hang on in there or cash up?

Cash out with the 72k,the 3.2 is miserly from the bookies so would have let that ride until it reached 10k.

I'd have stuck it out for a while.

As the next few games are all winnable, whereas Arsenal and Tottenham have a couple of tougher games coming up.

Last edited:
Interesting scenario;

last game of the season - Leicester need a point at Chelsea to win the PL (with Arsenal and Spurs on their tail)

How hard will Chelsea try to win?

I suppose it depends on Chelsea's situation, still 9 or 10 games (27 or 30 points) available.

The point I saw made was that it was making the final matches unbearable to watch, both as a fan and also with the bet on top. I can completely understand why they cashed out, as long as they don't regret it if Leicester win. I guess it now feels like insurance.

OK - could he have taken, say, £65,000 and left the rest on? Or is it a buy-out in completion? I don't know anything about such things.

OK - could he have taken, say, £65,000 and left the rest on? Or is it a buy-out in completion? I don't know anything about such things.

Some bookmakers offer what is known as 'partial cash-out', whereby you take some and let the rest run. I don't know if this would have been available for this particular bet though.

Hi Guys,

just wondering if any of you matched bet? I've posted a thread in Homer's Bar about it

Back