• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lennox Lewis and Greg Rusedski

Bentley's Absurd Gait

It really annoys me when the achievements of Lewis and Rusedski are belittled by English sports fans becuase 'they're Canadian really'. I lived in Canada for some years, my son was born there, and has joint citizenship. If he grows up to excel in a sport, and chooses to represent England, I would be appalled (as I'm sure he would), if the people he was representing put him down for choosing their country when he could have chosen another. In fact, this issue of choice makes these sportsmen even more worthy of our acclaim, they have chosen to represent us, rather than being born into doing so.

Hargreaves too. Absurd how regularly he was dismissed as a nothing player.

If we could only claim a few decent hockey players!

You could add Owen Hargreaves to that list.

Not only did choose to represent England, but when it came down to it against Portugal, he was the one who raised his game whilst his more celebrated colleagues went and hid.

Hargreaves too. Absurd how regularly he was dismissed as a nothing player.

If we could only claim a few decent hockey players!

Owen Nolan (former SJ Sharks and Toronto Maple Laughs) was born in Belfast, but incredibly chose to play for Canada rather than Team GB.

I lived in Canada for some years, my son was born there, and has joint citizenship. If he grows up to excel in a sport, and chooses to represent England, I would be appalled (as I'm sure he would), if the people he was representing put him down for choosing their country when he could have chosen another.
Dad.... is that you?!

:stunned: :unsure:

I'm overweight and sh*t at sport, by the way. I'm unlikely to represent England at sport any time soon...

:finger:

Back