• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lenny Henry, annoying **** or comic genius?

funny guy, or just plain annoying?

• Proper annoying ****

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • proper funny guy

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • some of his stuff is ok

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Just watched (well i say watched, i glimpsed at it for 2 minutes) Lenny Henry's stand up routine on 'Live at the Apollo'. Now i've always thought he was just a proper annoying ******, and i cannot understand how or why people find him funny?!?! My thoughts have been reinforced after watching this load of crappola.

Fair enough he's done a lot for charity and all that, but he's just not funny

So what do the good people of shrimperzone think?

Just watched (well i say watched, i glimpsed at it for 2 minutes) Lenny Henry's stand up routine on 'Live at the Apollo'. Now i've always thought he was just a proper annoying ******, and i cannot understand how or why people find him funny?!?! My thoughts have been reinforced after watching this load of crappola.

Fair enough he's done a lot for charity and all that, but he's just not funny

So what do the good people of shrimperzone think?

That you have to spell it ShrimperZone or we will send the boys up to Grays with long knives...oh and he was good in his day past it now I feel.

That you have to spell it ShrimperZone or we will send the boys up to Grays with long knives...oh and he was good in his day past it now I feel.

Sorry big JC, don't want the 'Retirement Home Crew' decending on my gaff...

:)

Saw him once live and since then I have prayed for him to be jailed for crimes against the public. Total useless ****** only still around because he is black.

Never have liked his stand up, he was brilliant on Tiswas and some of his sketches over the years have been great though - I'm thinking of Denzel and Theophilus and the old Jamaican grandad - and Chef was also good, but agree with Cricko really.

I don't know what it is about him, but i just want to inflict serious pain upon him whenever he comes on TV.

Used to love him 'back in the day' but he hasn't done anything worthwhile in well over a decade.

Sadly, that's probably right. In the mid-to-late 80s, he was awesome. Lenny Live & Unleashed was brilliant.

He seemed to lose his way when he started getting grumpy, which was around the time he did that Chef "sitcom"...

Matt

Delbert Wilkins used to make me chuckle - but his performances in those budget hotel ads get me in the mood for a lynching.

He is certainly funnier than his wife.

Unless of course you find a morbidly obese woman advertising Terrys Chocolate Oranges amusing.

Funny in his hay day as said above, but now dated and unfunny

With stand ups like Frakie Boyle around, the likes of LH should stay firmly in the past.

Last edited:
Saw him once live and since then I have prayed for him to be jailed for crimes against the public. Total useless ****** only still around because he is black.

Just curious - why did you go to see him if you didn't like him? Genuine question.

Never ever ever have I seen a less funny comedian. He is atrocious at best. I have to turn over if he is on the TV.

Officially not funny since 1986. The fact he has managed to blag it since then (without ever even being funny by mistake) is a real credit to him.

youve just written what I was going to write, and absolute spoon, and managed to pull it off because we darent not laugh at the black man as not to offend,

oooooohhhhhhhhhkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Back