• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Has anyone else spotted what Lenny does when we have a free kick near the opposition area? We noticed it at Coventry and saw it again yesterday prior to Coxy's goal.

Basically, he goes and stands in front of the goal keeper and mirrors their movements - you know, like kids play that game of copying you? It must be quite off putting for the keeper and surely distracts them, just really funny to watch so keep your eyes out for it in future games! :smile:

Has anyone else spotted what Lenny does when we have a free kick near the opposition area? We noticed it at Coventry and saw it again yesterday prior to Coxy's goal.

Basically, he goes and stands in front of the goal keeper and mirrors their movements - you know, like kids play that game of copying you? It must be quite off putting for the keeper and surely distracts them, just really funny to watch so keep your eyes out for it in future games! :smile:
Yes, I saw that at Coventry, I found it rather amusing!

[video=youtube;Ec_2oKWe2Gw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_2oKWe2Gw[/video]

The NHL reacted immediately, in-season, to introduce a rule outlawing these sort of tactics following the game. I suspect that we generally fly a bit beneath the FA's radar as far as these things go so keep up the good work, Lenny.

He did it for a couple of free kicks in front of us at Bristol. Looks really strange when he crouching right down facing you behind the wall.

Yes, I was concentrating so hard on Lenny that I missed the actual kick. I just saw the keeper help it into the net and I had to ask who had scored.

[video=youtube;4cLJ3DSzurQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cLJ3DSzurQ[/video]

If we can get it working like this, keep it up!

My footy coach used to tell me off for doing this in our u15 league, he used to say do you see the professionals doing that ������

Honestly ?
If it were used against us ( and it will be ) and we conceded , many in here will be up in arms.
I would prefer it if the authorities were clear on it and banned it as being unsportive , which IMO it is.
Enjoy it if you will , but please don't moan when Millwall score in the last minute of the play off decider !

Honestly ?
If it were used against us ( and it will be ) and we conceded , many in here will be up in arms.
I would prefer it if the authorities were clear on it and banned it as being unsportive , which IMO it is.
Enjoy it if you will , but please don't moan when Millwall score in the last minute of the play off decider !

I agree with you except on the point of Millwall being in the play offs. They won't be.

[video]https://twitter.com/sufcrootshall/status/843781450927407104[/video]

Back