• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leon Constantine The Truth!

A little insight -

I'm surprised that Southend are so "disappointed" with Leons departure! The Seasons top goalscorer wasnt approached about a new Contract til the day before the close of the season - hardly shows alot of confidence in him when alot of the other players, namely Smith & Juppy were all in negotiations alot earlier...
rock.gif

Leon was offered a £200 pay rise - no other incentives no thanks for scoring 25 goals, no thanks for helping to keep Southend from relegation! After outlining what he'd like to earn Leon waited for them to get back to him... they didnt.

Meanwhile someone offers some security - a better deal - even better than what Leon had asked Southend for??? What would you do??

Leon had a great season at Southend and would have stayed for the sake of the fans if nothing else - Though not all of you have always been behind him! Lets look at this logically... Leon kept Southend in Division 3 last season and is expected to accept a Contract that holds no incentive or confidence in him as a SUFC player.

no because im not his agent i just know alot more about what happened regarding constantine than you lot do!

put it this way everyones so bothered now he's gone after knowing it was always a possibility - but nothing was done in order to try and keep him... as i said he was still waiting to hear back from Southend with another offer which obviously wasnt forthcoming!

He's human and has bills etc like the rest of us - only you have more security knowing at the end of the month you'll have a wage coming in.

So the club and Tilly are lying to us because they seem to think Leon was meant to get back to them and didn't. Hmmmm who to believe greedy football or loyal servent?

barry fry has a way with contracts, in that he probably offered him a deal that he couldn't offer him next week-for instance. As much as we hate Bazza he has a way of snapping up his man.
We'll never know for sure what happened, but there are a couple of mishaps waiting in Cort and Maher so the alarm bells should have rang at Southend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 24 2004,10:09)]but there are a couple of mishaps waiting in Cort and Maher so the alarm bells should have rang at Southend.
not forgetting Warren by all accounts wants to stay....and our club shows its true colours to his loyalty by by offering him a worse contract than Hornchurch...

But is it that we are offering a worse contract then Hornchurch or that Hornchurch are offering a better contract then us.

He's gone for the cash and who can blame him! It's not every day in life that you get the chance to treble your salary. He did a great job for us and I'm sorry to see him go but he has to look after himself first.
It was "stitched on" that this would happen to us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ May 24 2004,10:20)]But is it that we are offering a worse contract then Hornchurch or that Hornchurch are offering a better contract then us.
I think it might be both.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ May 24 2004,10:20)]But is it that we are offering a worse contract then Hornchurch or that Hornchurch are offering a better contract then us.
probably.....
rock.gif

What i mean is are we offering less then we can realistically afford or are they offering more then we can realistically afford.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ May 24 2004,10:54)]What i mean is are we offering less then we can realistically afford or are they offering more then we can realistically afford.
Again, probably both.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 24 2004,10:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ May 24 2004,10:54)]What i mean is are we offering less then we can realistically afford or are they offering more then we can realistically afford.
Again, probably both.
at the end of the day a club a division above offered a better contract to Constantine.....and a club two divisions below us is offering a better contract to Warren....so if we can't keep up with the Peterboro's and Hornchurch's of this world we can't expect blind loyalty from the players...

Still, it's good to see our extra £1.50 a game won't be wasted on player wages or agents fees.  I'd say the toilets at the South-East corner of the ground are a much higher priority and hope it's spent there.   On renovating them, that is, and not for George Michael purposes.

Yes but Hornchurch is not restriced by the Salary cap and also have a rich benefactor in place. It does not matter where they are in the football structure just how much cash is available for contracts. And as we all know we do not have a pot to **** in. All we can offer is league football, so we will enitce the younger payers whilst the older boys will want financial security over league status.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 24 2004,09:21)]Leon kept Southend in Division 3 last season and is expected to accept a Contract that holds no incentive or confidence in him as a SUFC player.
I think you'll find that in the past we've survived without Leon and we shall go on doing that. The other players might have something to say about Leon keeping us up sure he scored gaols, but without everyone else how would have got the chance?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (it doesnt matter @ May 24 2004,09:58)]no because im not his agent i just know alot more about what happened regarding constantine than you lot do!
1. You've more or less said everything we all know anyway, but adding in your own figures.

2. We're supposed to believe someone who hides their identity behind a keyboard?

3. Many people on here have a lot of 'inside information' due to knowing players and people within the club, however when they know the information they certainly do not publish it on Southend United's biggest Unofficial website to create some attention and some discontent with the club. If something is so secret then individuals at the club will soon find their weak links and guard who and what they tell.

Einstein

You see what i mean attitudes like that make me sick. No wonder why he left. So if it is down to all the other players why is it when broughton and bramble are upfront nothing happens. You fool!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SHRIMPALISIOUS @ May 24 2004,18:38)]You see what i mean attitudes like that make me sick. No wonder why he left. So if it is down to all the other players why is it when broughton and bramble are upfront nothing happens. You fool!
Ehh?

Sorry, Shrimpalisious, but I don't see what you mean, 'cos being a little slow I don't know which post you are refering to, nor who the fool is
sad.gif

If you could use the quote button it would help me, ta!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SHRIMPALISIOUS @ May 24 2004,18:38)]You see what i mean attitudes like that make me sick. No wonder why he left. So if it is down to all the other players why is it when broughton and bramble are upfront nothing happens. You fool!
I'm assuming you mean post above mine... but not entirely sure!

If you are talking about post above then I disagree with you.

Are we not supposed to look into the future without Constantine without some hope? We've survived in the football league for 98 years without Constantine so BluePartridge was completely 100% correct.

For me personally regarding Constantine I do not hope he does well in the future. This is not for the reason of being greedy though.  Football is a job at the end of the day and its a short one too. I work for a major world known bank, if a rival offered me double my money I'd be off like a shot like any other person with 2 brain cells.

However when asked whether he was going to join Southend United he said 'Yes'. This is the underlining fact and may be a petty one, but a fact nevertheless.

Einstein

Back