• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leon Constantine The Truth!

Leon wanted to stay. He was happy. I can believe that the club didn't get back to him. Why would Tilly even think about looking for another striker if he wanted to keep the ones he had so much? In particular Leon. I don't think Tilly rated him.

Well if Tilly didnt rate him he wouldnt have offered him a contract full stop would he, lets be logical about this.
Football managers aren't worried about upsetting their players.
Leon wanted to leave. I'm not surprised or angry its just a fact that money speaks.
Its not the clubs fault, its not Tillys fault, its not Leons fault, its not fat boy Fry's fault, its not the players agents fault so can we stop blaming people, accept Leons gone and get on with getting ready for promotion next year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ May 24 2004,23:11)]Well if Tilly didnt rate him he wouldnt have offered him a contract full stop would he
And a 2 year deal at that. You may argue he offered Connie something he knew he'd reject so he doesn't look bad in front of the fans... but then all he'd have offered a 1 year deal... why risk being stuck with a player you don't want for 2 years? He'd take up a valuable place in a small squad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ May 24 2004,19:59)]... I'd be off like a shot like any other person with 2 brain cells.
That still doesn't explain Leon's decision then!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ May 24 2004,18:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (it doesnt matter @ May 24 2004,09:58)]no because im not his agent i just know alot more about what happened regarding constantine than you lot do!
1. You've more or less said everything we all know anyway, but adding in your own figures.

2. We're supposed to believe someone who hides their identity behind a keyboard?

3. Many people on here have a lot of 'inside information' due to knowing players and people within the club, however when they know the information they certainly do not publish it on Southend United's biggest Unofficial website to create some attention and some discontent with the club. If something is so secret then individuals at the club will soon find their weak links and guard who and what they tell.

Einstein
Im not hiding my identity behing a keyboard! At the end of the day you know about as much about me as i do you "the name im using to post these messages" :-)

The simple fact is i think its important that Leons decision isnt interpretated on here as selfish and disloyal... Why did Leon say he was going to stay?? Because he wanted to! Simple as that! Tilly makes a statement saying his wage request was three times what he was on - was kinda right but be fair Leon was the lowest paid player at the club and he simply wanted his wage to be fair and on par with the other players!!

Im not using my knowledge to create tension i just feel its important that you as the fans know that Leon has enjoyed playing at Southend and his decision to leave wasnt based purely on money. Whether you believe that or not is your choice!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (it doesnt matter @ May 25 2004,09:25)]Im not hiding my identity behing a keyboard! At the end of the day you know about as much about me as i do you "the name im using to post these messages"
But we don't profess to be stating fact. We're stating our opinion - so, in a sense our identity is irrelevant. I certainly don't claim for a minute that what I say is fact, nor do I suggest that anyone should believe a word I say.

You, on the other hand, are claiming to be speaking "from the horse's mouth", or claiming that you know the facts about Leon's departure.

If you are claiming to be using fact, then you have to attribute your source - and you can only do that by revealing your identity.

Otherwise, what you say is worthless, mere opinion - and, instead, we're entitled to believe Tilly.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2004,09:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (it doesnt matter @ May 25 2004,09:25)]Im not hiding my identity behing a keyboard! At the end of the day you know about as much about me as i do you "the name im using to post these messages"
But we don't profess to be stating fact.  We're stating our opinion - so, in a sense our identity is irrelevant.  I certainly don't claim for a minute that what I say is fact, nor do I suggest that anyone should believe a word I say.

You, on the other hand, are claiming to be speaking "from the horse's mouth", or claiming that you know the facts about Leon's departure.

If you are claiming to be using fact, then you have to attribute your source - and you can only do that by revealing your identity.

Otherwise, what you say is worthless, mere opinion - and, instead, we're entitled to believe Tilly.

Matt
Solicitor are we ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2004,10:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ May 25 2004,10:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2004,09:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ May 25 2004,09:42)]Solicitor are we ?
Nope.

tounge.gif
Barrister ?
Yup... an Employed Barrister.

Is it that obvious?

rock.gif

Matt
Matt, and I thought you were just a profesional waffler!!
laugh.gif

Back