• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Boo him as I would any returning player

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Would have cheered him but will now boo after his celebrations

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Good servant will cheer him.

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
He has written an article which was in The Times (Game) yesterday. Apparently he is a Football Consultant for Stellar Group in France.

Ruben Loftus Cheek is his half brother - same father (who disappeared from Leon's life when he was 4) - he only found out 7 years ago.

Unfortunately Leon fails to mention in the article how his three years at Southend moulded his career. He only mentions his time with Hull Stoke and Burnley.

LEON Cort remains the only ever defender in Southend United’s history to have scored a hat-trick. But the defender nearly missed out on the accolade.

More...

My favourite centre back of all time, great in the air, very rarely beaten and chipped in with his fair share of goals:Worthy:

Every now and again like Barrett, Constantine, And Cort we will pick up someone who hasn’t set the world alight and then it suddenly clicks when they come to the Hall, yet another reason why I love supporting a team like Southend

Cort also had a good card record, got a red at Wolves for handball as I recall, but that's about it!

Back