• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Boo him as I would any returning player

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Would have cheered him but will now boo after his celebrations

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Good servant will cheer him.

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
he has been my all time favourite southend centre back who was always a threat in the air from set pieces, bilel reminds me so much of him and has the ability to be even better.

I remember him getting a Hat-trick against at home i think against Boston? They didnt pick up on his aerial ability that day, not a lot of teams did really. He didnt make it big in the prem as was expected but he did better than Leo Roget whose career seemed to go downhill not up after leaving us.

I remember him getting a Hat-trick against at home i think against Boston? They didnt pick up on his aerial ability that day, not a lot of teams did really. He didnt make it big in the prem as was expected but he did better than Leo Roget whose career seemed to go downhill not up after leaving us.
Niether did we at Palace!! :winking:

He was a good player for us .......... that was some years ago .......... but I still think at 32 he could provide some excellent cover in the centre of defence and give Philips or Barker a rest for the last 30 minutes or so of games .......... or he may even push for a starting place ..............:winking:

My only concern is that we would be adding another older player to the squad when perhaps a longer term solution might be the answer .......... but I suspect Leon is certainly capable of playing in the 3rd division next year with us.

On a season long loan with Chrissy Powell's Charlton.

On subs bench for their cup hammering at Fulham but played in previous league game so will probably be hoping for a deal there, but if they go up, may be released as a free agent.

Always rated him when he was with us...until he celebrated scoring for Palace at Selhurst Park right in front of us. As a result, I now think he's rubbish.

Remember his hat trick he scored with us :) . And have to agree with Welly he was a bellend for the way he celebrated after scoring against us for Palace. Would have him back in a flash.

He was a good player for us back in the day. I just hope he gets a chance with another team

No he didn't, but his celebration WAS a little OTT

I put it down to the fact he'd just scored on his debut for a new club rather than a dig at us

He'd just moved from Hull for about £1.5million, so probably was probably under a lot of pressure.

Didn't know he played for Guyana last year, even scored a goal against Trinidad in their World Cup qualifier.

Back