• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Boo him as I would any returning player

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Would have cheered him but will now boo after his celebrations

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Good servant will cheer him.

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
Leon always gave his all and was one of the best things to come out of the last Webb era. He was pretty consistent and we will definitely miss him. We should wish him all the best, understand his reasons and get on with it. Why hate every player that moves on Pete? Never left a job for better prospects elsewhere?

I am with the majority here and agree that Leon did what was right for him and made no secret of his thoughts.

Leon Constantine also did what was right for him and under the circumstances it appears the club did all they possibly could.

As FBM says, to the players this is their job and if a better opportunity comes up then they should take it.

This constant "You left Southend so I hate you" attitude is somewhat pathetic if you ask me. But that is just my personal opinion!
wink.gif

Oh why don't all the Do gooders get off their "High Horses"

You must be able to see the irony ....?

Is someone else's misfortune not the backbone of all humour.?

Think of the man slipping on the banana skin.!!

If you are all so concerned about this life threatening injury get a card together and wish him well.

All I can say to Mr Cort is UNLUCKY !!!!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ July 09 2004,10:35)]Oh why don't all the Do gooders get off their "High Horses"
I own a shetland pony. That's not a high horse.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ July 09 2004,10:35)]Oh why don't all the Do gooders get off their "High Horses"

If you are all so concerned about this life threatening injury get a card together and wish him well.

All I can say to Mr Cort is   UNLUCKY !!!!!
biggrin.gif
Just bog off you stupid arse!
rock.gif

We know the initial poster well enough to gauge the seriousness of their post.

So if you do not like the contents of this thread then **** off!

Unlucky for him He may end up like smithy for us where hull never really get to see the best of him which will be a shame. Corty was our best player yes its a shame he left for nothing but unless a player is a true supporter of the club just how much will they want to stay if they get a chance to better them selves. The fans who are slaging the "do gooders" are looking thru blue tinted specs (not unlike those worn by a certain councilor Garne).

Yeah but a Shetland is a "pony"

I said "High Horse" not "High Pony"

Technically if i have used the more generic term such as Equine i would have to agree with you....lol

Roll on the start of the season eh.. there is a distinct lack of football talk at the mo.

Before we decide if the horse is high or not we should either:

(i) find out the height by asking the owner how many 'hands' it has

or

(ii) ascertain if it's a racehorse or not. If it is, then it's bound to be doped and seriously high.

Do I win £5?

Birri ....Please

You must have too much time on your hands.

Get it in to perspective...we are not talking about or laughing about someone getting killed etc...we are not having a dig at people wanting to better themselves.

For Christ's sake he broke his toe ..its funny ...period..why do you have to make more of it than there really is.

I bet your one of these people that are in to conspiracy theories...maybe I'm being paid by a darker force to undermine the club...oooooo !!

some people are taking things too seriously they really are.

look I'm craving football as much as the next man but during the close season you need to channel your thoughts and time in to other areas......otherwise you will become too uptight .....I took up Girls...I'm not that great with them but it kills time till the Cheltenham game.

TAKE A CHILL PILL !!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh why don't all the Do gooders get off their "High Horses"

It's got nothing to do with high-horses, ponies, shetlands or otherwise.
In some ways it is ironic.  But there's a difference between irony and schadenfreude (and here's a link if you don't know what it means).

If it were the other Leon, then it WOULD have been ironic.

And it's also not about some people taking it too seriously. You call people do-gooders and ask them to climb down from their high-horses... they might wish to respond to that.

If the horse is really high, it might be difficult to get off it without a ladder.

My god there are some seriously uptight people today...
Think prophet got out of bed on the wrog side too today,

Although was refreshing to be called a "Stupid Arse" its been a long time since in was called that...lol.

Look can't we all just be friends
wink.gif

I too find it funny that he has broken his toe, not only because I didn't like his toe at all, but also because it heeeps misfortune on that useless c**t 'Peter taylor'. The worst manager we have had since Peter Morris. Oooh and also it makes me laugh at all you do gooders getting all upset

[b said:

All I can say to Mr Cort is   UNLUCKY !!!!!
biggrin.gif
You racist Barbarian

Cockles its not often i agree with you but from a loose comment earlier i seem to have stirred up quite a lot of passion.

Yeah - totally did us. f**k it - Leon did have a bit of an annoying shaped head and at times he couldn't trap a paraplegic, so yes....I admit it's actually hilariously funny that he broke his toe. Did anyone hear how he did it? Apparently he was listening to Craig David's "Seven Days" and was influenced by the line: "put my foot up her arse on Thursday." Unfortunately it didn't work out for him this timem, but as all the do-gooders are heading up to Hull to cook his favourite meals etc he should be on the mend soon.

Leon Cort's got a **** like a mouse's tail doo daa doo daa

Back