• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Boo him as I would any returning player

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Would have cheered him but will now boo after his celebrations

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Good servant will cheer him.

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
A real hero when with us, his hattrick against Boston was awesome!!

However, due to his celebrations at Selhurst, I will either boo him, or pretend I dont know who he is.

i dont want to boo him, but I wont be cheering him, I dont think, o god I dont know!!

I personally never rated Cort much. Good in the air, but favoured the hurried pass over the East stand roof to often.:eek:

I thought Corty was a good prospect but still had a ways to go. One of the best things Buzz Lightyear did was play alongside him to help his learning curve. I was upset at Corty's celebrations - I don't think he knew what he was doing even though it was his home debut. Nice to score on your debut for a new club I'm sure, but celebrations like that against the club that arguably got him started did leave a sour taste.

I hope Leon Cort gets a bad reception tonight.I agree that he was a great CB but when he scored for them againts us at Selhurst Park he run ova to us kissing the badge and clinching his fists.Up until then, we were singing his name and he didnt even give us a wave.HES GONE DOWN IN MY OPINIONS.1 GREEDY B*****d THERES ONLY 1 GREEDY B*****D:SOUTHEND REJECT SOUTHEND REJECT OOOOOOH OOOOOOOOH :mad: :mad: :guns: :guns:

Got to say I was most disappointed at Selhurst when Leon did that but before both games with us he hasnt said a bad word about us or his time at Southend. As was pointed out after the game it was his first goal for Palace so maybe he got caught up in the moment. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he didnt purposefully try n incite those that used to chant his name.

None of the above!

I will ignore him. He isn't a Southend reject but nor is he a Southend legend. He was average and his contribution is a mere footnote in the history of Southend United.

I shall instead try and cheer the eleven players currently wearing Southend shirts, all of whom have represented the club at a higher level than Cort did and probably all of whom have achieved more success in a Southend shirt (champions and/or beating Man U).

Pretty much the same here. I never thought he was all that good. I don't mind about what happened at palace earlier in the season because I don't think he was deliberately taunting us or anythnig but I won't be going out of my way to welcome him back tonight because I'm mroe concerned with our own players.

to be honest i think people are reading too much into his celebration. as he ran in to head the ball he scored and just carried on running, he didn't change his direction. he just celebrated where he ending up.

Him and Constantwine are my two players who I used to love when at Southend but now if they ever came back and I was there would boo them! I hope they both get bad injuries and end up for working for sainsburys!

Sorry but I just hate it when players act like pricks when they change clubs and score against their old side and slag us off! NOT ON!

Him and Constantwine are my two players who I used to love when at Southend but now if they ever came back and I was there would boo them! I hope they both get bad injuries and end up for working for sainsburys!

Sorry but I just hate it when players act like pricks when they change clubs and score against their old side and slag us off! NOT ON!

Charming, I hope nobody ever wishes ill on you. Don't wish for what you might get.

The thing is instead of getting on his back and making him want to prove a point why didn't people just support the players we have got?!

Apparently, his 600,000 pounds house was burnt to cinders while he was playing at Southampton yesterday.Shame it wasn't karl duiguids!

Back