• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Boo him as I would any returning player

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Would have cheered him but will now boo after his celebrations

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Good servant will cheer him.

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
Didn't he go on a free after 2 seasons? I seem to remember us signing him from Millwall after he had Captained their reserves to winning their particular league.

Quality player who I'd have back anytime.

A quality player, although he did go a bit over the top when he scored against us for Palace and I think that's soured his status for many people. I'd have him back in an instant, I still remember that hat-trick of headers against Boston...

Just got back from watching Ipswich vs Palace I travelled up to Portman Road as a neutral with my Mansfield Town supporting mate just to cross another ground off the list.

He was pretty good always getting into positions where he was un marked for corners and free kicks god I would kill to have him back he was excellent and looking in the Ipswich programme his goal scoreing record is pretty good.

We need a defender like him again.

agreed i like Cort and think he is probably one of the best defenders we've had at the club.

off to Stoke

Stoke get Cort as Palace eye Hill

Cort has been told he can leave Selhurst Park
Leon Cort is to join Stoke from Crystal Palace, with Clint Hill possibly moving in the opposite direction.
Defender Cort, 28, is set to sign a two-month loan deal with a view to completing a permanent move when the transfer window opens in January.

And Palace manager Neil Warnock is hoping to sign Stoke centre-back Hill, 29, in a separate deal.

"I'll be bringing one or two in to supplement the young players, who will be given a chance," said Warnock.

Cort cost Palace £1.25m when he joined them from Hull in May 2006.

strange.. i thought he one one of only a few genuinely good players at palarse

Defender Leon Cort says he has joined Stoke on loan because new Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock does not like his face. Cort revealed: "He was saying things like I did not have enough scars on my face, so I knew my time was up." (The Times) :confused: :hilarious:

Defender Leon Cort says he has joined Stoke on loan because new Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock does not like his face. Cort revealed: "He was saying things like I did not have enough scars on my face, so I knew my time was up." (The Times) :confused: :hilarious:

:hilarious:

I think Mr. Cort may have taken Warnock a bit too seriously there....
1.25m was always far too much for him anyway. The person at Palace who sanctioned that purchase should be ashamed of themselves!

Scored again for Stoke yesterday, he is only on loan wonder if he will stay or Warnock will want him back??

He hasn't been booked this season and Warnock says he doesn't want a centre back that doesn't get booked, what a prat!

Back