• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Boo him as I would any returning player

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Would have cheered him but will now boo after his celebrations

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Good servant will cheer him.

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
Stoke have just signed him for 1.2 million.

Seems a bit pricey to me for someone who is good in the air but can't kick the ball for sh!t

He scores lots of goals for a defender though.

He is a class player without a shadow of a doubt I really can't understand why Palace got rid of him.

I was not at all upset when he left us, but bloody hell he has scored a lot of goals in his career and commanded one hell of a total of transfer fees!!

I'd be tempted to put in a cheeky offer for Rob Newman to come back in our defence right now!!

:cry: :thump:

I remember the bad old days when we cheered every corner because it meant Rob Newman came forward. It's a sad day when your only goal threat is a central defender...

I'd be tempted to put in a cheeky offer for Rob Newman to come back in our defence right now!!

:cry: :thump:

Newman is under contract at Bournemouth.

I was thinking another of Cort's central defensive partners, Phil Whelan might be worth a phone call. He might not be fit, he might not have been all that in the first place, but at least he knew how to get his toblerone shaped head in the way of crosses. For all his numerous downsides, I think he would be a defensive upgrade at the minute.

Newman is under contract at Bournemouth.

I was thinking another of Cort's central defensive partners, Phil Whelan might be worth a phone call. He might not be fit, he might not have been all that in the first place, but at least he knew how to get his toblerone shaped head in the way of crosses. For all his numerous downsides, I think he would be a defensive upgrade at the minute.

He could also send fine looping headers into the wrong net :p ;)

Ah, Phil "Chinny" Whelan... you're right, YB, he was good in the air.

He was cr*p at everything else, mind.

:p

was never a whelan fan until he was pushed up front at Swansea on a friday night a bagged a goal, we still lost but IIRC he pulled it back to 3-2 and gave us hope. It was funny seeming him play as a forward.

Be interesting to see, i always liked Leon, but can he hack it in the big time ?

Back