• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn.

Well I don't blame him. Deserves a move and gave everything.

No problem with that at all,as said above he has indeed served his time.

Said it before, there was no reason for him to sign a new contract if his ambition was to move upwards.

All we need now is a reasonable offer from Sheff Utd to get it done and move on. Hopefully get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Bidding war between Sheff Utd and Millwall should bump up the price nicely.

Been a loyal servant, the time is right to try his hand in a higher division

Best to let him and Coker move on IMO. Don't let the big time Charlies from oop north or the carrot crunchers get them cheaply though. £600k minimum each. Then we need two central midfielders and a centre back pronto please Ron.

Brown: "Sheffield United's latest offer is nowhere near our valuation of Lenny and the chairman has turned it down."

Brown: "The chairman is adamant he doesn't want to sell Ryan Leonard."

From Chris.

Brown: "Sheffield United's latest offer is nowhere near our valuation of Lenny and the chairman has turned it down."

Brown: "The chairman is adamant he doesn't want to sell Ryan Leonard."

From Chris.

Perhaps he is hoping that teams will stand and deliver the money for Lenny

Ron needs to get on the phone to Sheffield United and say "oy, Ryan wants to leave, you're about to get £5m from Kyle Walker, stop being such tight northern gits and give us 700k for him".

Club needs to accept his transfer request, put a price on his head and get this concluded ASAP.

Great servant to the club, but time to drawn a line and get a few much needed players in. If this drags on it will be to the detriment both the club and Lenny.

Just dont sell him to M'wall though !

If we don't accept a bid I wonder if he will down tools? I understand his reason for rejecting the new contract but putting in a transfer request, I thought he was better than that.

If we don't accept a bid I wonder if he will down tools? I understand his reason for rejecting the new contract but putting in a transfer request, I thought he was better than that.

He has given us 6 years, he has earnt the change of the move.

Im pretty sure Ron is actually happy to sell him anyway and the talk of not wanting to is just to get a higher fee.

Even if he hadn't put in a request there is no point in keeping him here as he wants to leave. Imagine next season if we didnt sell him, every dodgy game he would be slaughtered. Saw it with Eastwood, people kept saying his head had been turned and didn't want to be here. I never saw that personally, thought he carried on as normal, but he hadn't even put in a request to leave.

Simple, if 700k offer is on the table...........sell him now and we can get a replacement in time for season in August :thumbsup:

Of course it's feasible and has happened at every club at one point or other.

I've no issue with Leonard handing a transfer request in and it's the right way to go about things but I doubt it changes much.

I can't see it happening, if he does that he'll be shooting himself in the foot since I can't see a championship club coming in for someone who didn't bother to try in his final season at a League 1 club. He'll probably be sold though so that's a moot point

He has given us 6 years, he has earnt the change of the move.

Im pretty sure Ron is actually happy to sell him anyway and the talk of not wanting to is just to get a higher fee.

Even if he hadn't put in a request there is no point in keeping him here as he wants to leave. Imagine next season if we didnt sell him, every dodgy game he would be slaughtered. Saw it with Eastwood, people kept saying his head had been turned and didn't want to be here. I never saw that personally, thought he carried on as normal, but he hadn't even put in a request to leave.

But we've almost lost that chip now he's put the request on because they know he wants out.

I know he's been a great servant over 6 years and we have helped to make him the player he is now. So the least he could do was show a bit of respect to the club and just wait until we get the right price rather than coming out with a transfer request.

The fact is he is under contract until this time next year, so if Ron wants to be a **** he can make him stay. If we don't get the right money then keep him, then if he stays and down tools let him rot in the reserves for all I care. Haven't got time for players who do this!

Cant see Sheffield upping there offer now .Wilder has done what he set out to do unsettle the player into making a transfer request .Then snap him up on the cheep .

Back