• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Les Ferdinand?

Ron Manager

Had a text last night from a friend I've known a long time, a fellow South Upper season ticket holder to say that he's just heard we'd signed Les Ferdinand.

Now he'd have not reason to send it if it wasn't true but as far as I know he has no real sources within the club - so I'm a little puzzled. I stress that this is totally unsubstantiated rumour - but has anyone else heard the same?

http://s7.invisionfree.com/The_Shr....ic=3768

Who knows, could be some truth in this rumour
smile.gif

I was playing Texas hold 'em poker with my Tarot cards last night and they said nothing about Les Ferdinand signing for Southend.

Unfortunately, I got a full house and three people died.

If we are thinking of getting another striker it would have to be someone young again I reckon. Someone for the future.

Don't think signing Ferdinand is a particularly bright idea, as he's another old one. I'd like to think IF Tilly decides to sign another forward he's be a youngster with something to prove

But think of the coverage in the papers, also when you go away and see their programme notes, id be well chuffed!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Sep. 12 2005,11:04)]Rumours from Hooly and Ron Manager!

Dont believe it!

tounge.gif
I wouldn't either as it came from the same Slapheaded Hairy-Chested film extra!  As I said on SOL, it was from a bloke, via a bloke who said they knew a bloke.  
wink.gif
 Oh and they were all in various pubs.  
smile.gif

So pretty concrete then!    
biggrin.gif

I did think this was total b******s, but thought I'd share it anyway
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Veteran Ferdinand joins Watford

Watford have signed former England striker Les Ferdinand and taken Wales midfielder Carl Fletcher, 25, on a month's loan from West Ham.

Ferdinand, 38, had announced his retirement at the of last season but joins Watford having trained with the Hornets since pre-season.

Watford boss Adrian Boothroyd said: "It suits both parties. Les lives locally and we need cover.

"He's been given a squad number and signed on non-contract terms."

From BBC Sport. Puts that rumour to bed then...

Back