• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
We've done the obvious. Bury, Liverpool, Man U, Swansea, Peterborough, Stockport, Milleniums, Wembley, QPR Maher, Col Ewe Che Wilson and LDVS, Chelski an so many more to death. How about others even defeats even if it means nothing to anyone else. I still can't get a memory out of my head turning up late in the dark old sub 3,000 80s days. Evening game going into North Bank with a lone voice singing loudly and slowly Molly Malone all the way through. I can picture the face but have a brain freeze. Late teens white blond hair, glasses i used to play footie with him and he lived along the arterial. Surname White I'm pretty sure ? And a regular.

Speaking of old faces. SUFC FB. discovered Richie S, also played footie with him, gone to NZ a couple if years back but some old SZ regulars seen to have disappeared of the face of the earth (over to you Napster ha ha)

I have posted this before but one of my biggest regrets is not going to an Anglo-Italian cup away game.

I bet there are some great stories out there.

I have posted this before but one of my biggest regrets is not going to an Anglo-Italian cup away game.

These were just a bit before I started going properly. Would go to these games in a heartbeat now. Kidderminster away a few years ago, we went 1-0 up from a free kick, but got pegged back to 1-1 with not long left. Then Nicolau scores and Freddy scores a header where the ball just seemed to sit up for him right in front of the away fans. Biggest mental ever! I love you Freddy! I bought the video of this from the Kidderminster club shop.

For many years there was a big chap that looked like he had been fighting with Henry Cooper. Always stood on the half way line - often wearing a big heavy coat without a smile on his face throughout the game. David something or the other.

We've done the obvious. Bury, Liverpool, Man U, Swansea, Peterborough, Stockport, Milleniums, Wembley, QPR Maher, Col Ewe Che Wilson and LDVS, Chelski an so many more to death. How about others even defeats even if it means nothing to anyone else. I still can't get a memory out of my head turning up late in the dark old sub 3,000 80s days. Evening game going into North Bank with a lone voice singing loudly and slowly Molly Malone all the way through. I can picture the face but have a brain freeze. Late teens white blond hair, glasses i used to play footie with him and he lived along the arterial. Surname White I'm pretty sure ? And a regular.

Speaking of old faces. SUFC FB. discovered Richie S, also played footie with him, gone to NZ a couple if years back but some old SZ regulars seen to have disappeared of the face of the earth (over to you Napster ha ha)

His name is Gary White, he's my nephew. He lived on the Arterial half way between The Bell and Kent Elms, before it was changed to accommodate Tesco. He's still got the White/light blonde hair and glasses. Not surprised you played football with him as he would go anywhere for a game or kickabout, just like me in my youth. He also played for a few local teams. He could run forever. Singing alone is the sort of thing he would do. His nickname is rapper, as he used to sing and rap. Was even in a band doing it. As you probably discovered, he's very likeable and a bit of a character.
He hardly goes now as he has kids to support, but can still be seen at the odd game, normally in the East Stand.

but some old SZ regulars seen to have disappeared of the face of the earth (over to you Napster ha ha)

Hmmm. I guess you missed my daughter reading out the voices at Burton. Or my Bully costume at Fleetwood. Or the few games I went to after Ldnfatso had passed away in memoriam. Or the Hull game. I think that's 10 games this season, including 2 away. I wasn't exactly hiding either - I've been in a few photos and been to the Spread every game, or on the TZ coached.

:winking:

As for strange memories, one that will always stay with me was Grimsby away 1-1 which cost us automatic promotion in 2005.

As we began to invade the pitch, one of our fans picked the corner flag up and launched it (like a javelin), into OUR fans, nearly impaling a child.

One of the strangest things I've ever witnessed.

His name is Gary White, he's my nephew. He lived on the Arterial half way between The Bell and Kent Elms, before it was changed to accommodate Tesco. He's still got the White/light blonde hair and glasses. Not surprised you played football with him as he would go anywhere for a game or kickabout, just like me in my youth. He also played for a few local teams. He could run forever. Singing alone is the sort of thing he would do. His nickname is rapper, as he used to sing and rap. Was even in a band doing it. As you probably discovered, he's very likeable and a bit of a character.
He hardly goes now as he has kids to support, but can still be seen at the odd game, normally in the East Stand.

Ha Gary yes !!! Loved playing yes ! I've played for so many teams over the years I can't remember which team. Say Tony Smith said hi and is still playing !

Hmmm. I guess you missed my daughter reading out the voices at Burton. Or my Bully costume at Fleetwood. Or the few games I went to after Ldnfatso had passed away in memoriam. Or the Hull game. I think that's 10 games this season, including 2 away. I wasn't exactly hiding either - I've been in a few photos and been to the Spread every game, or on the TZ coached.

:winking:

Sorry I was referring to your I know something you don't skills to pinpoint the MIA ha ha. I read your daughter comment when you posted it

I am so glad I got to go to one. Cost £175 to go to Fiorentina and not only got to see the mighty Batistuta but got a tour of Florence which I'd never have imagined I would do. It was in OCtober and I remeber getting off the plane and the heat hit me like nothing I'd ever felt. A day I will always treasure. If I ever dig out any pics, I'll have to post one or two on here

Being too skint to get in back in the 90s (relegation battle under Fry) and watching from the south east and south west corners with a few cans. Quite a few people used to do it.

Back