• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Let’s be positive

I hate typing this in case I'm tempting fate...

Harry Lennon has played two full 90 minutes without being injured.

I wonder how much influence a player like Milligan can bring to all this? Hearing nothing but good things about the fella and with his vast amount of experience and the supposed future he's hoping for here once his playing time ends, one hopes that he's not shy in putting his views across to KB who'll have the grace to take that advice on board.
Very early days though and still keeping the faith.......

The chances we created towards the end were the result of some slick passing in the box, which made a nice change from the usual tactic of getting in to the wing and then overhitting a cross. It shows we do have some talented players in the side if they're allowed to play.

Those chances only came because Blackpool were down to 10 men!

I wonder how much influence a player like Milligan can bring to all this? Hearing nothing but good things about the fella and with his vast amount of experience and the supposed future he's hoping for here once his playing time ends, one hopes that he's not shy in putting his views across to KB who'll have the grace to take that advice on board.
Very early days though and still keeping the faith.......

I'm not advocating this, but I wonder wether Milligan may be Player Manager before the end of the season...

Whisper it quietly but I think Dieng returning could be positive. I think he’ll work well with Milligan and he seems better playing further forward.

Plus Barratt is like a new signing and isn’t far off, Hopper is quality, and Demetriou will be an upgrade on Elvis.

Down to brass tacks. I think we need to go back to basics, 4-4-2 with a decent commanding keeper, Bishop, behind Elvis, Lennon, Shaugnessy and Ralph, with a solid midfield, maybe Ndukwu, Milligan, Mantom and McLaughlin and Cox and Humphreys. Another creative midfielder or two needed but keep it settled and build the rapport and understanding. Stop fannying about with the set up and overthinking other teams set ups. Fans to get behind what is a fantastic bunch of players, just short on belief and support. Dont think Robinson should ever be included and sadly Mr Bond doesn't have the fire in his belly that a successful team need. We need someone else NOW before last seasons efforts become this season's.

Whisper it quietly but I think Dieng returning could be positive. I think he’ll work well with Milligan and he seems better playing further forward.

Plus Barratt is like a new signing and isn’t far off, Hopper is quality, and Demetriou will be an upgrade on Elvis.

I agree Hopper is quality.

I agree Hopper is quality.

A little bit of a weird observation but I was quietly impressed with Hopper in the directors box on Saturday. The rest of the squad players left with about 10 mins to go. Hopper had a few words gave them an unimpressed look and stayed to watch the end of the match. I quite liked that.

Well, it is still the cricket season and Essex are top of the championship after a God awful start so........

Being a lifelong Chesterfield fan I know exactly where you fans are, Ive been there many times and still am.
Still think you have a good squad and chance to add so 2 games in is a bit soon for panic.
A couple of wins and it all changes
Blackpool will probably be top half and Lincoln look good too so dont take too much from these games. Yes the first half Saturday was bad but so was the weather. Different toss and yes you may have still lost but much closer.
Keep the faith as I am already doing with Chesterfield just!

In the spirit of positivity whilst our midfield has a number of issues (lack of creativity and pace spring to mind) I am positive that it is not so bad that it will be improved by the return of Dieng!

Back