• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Let's keep this simple

Let's keep this simple - Who would people rather keep?

• Tesfaye Bramble

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darryl Flahavan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
It seems that tactical voting and people swapping votes from one to the other got a bit too complicated on my last thread about the fictional SZ-selected SUFC Team Bus.

So, we're going to keep this one simple.  There is one place left on the team bus.  And two people left to fill it.

Who are you going to keep - Tes or Darryl? It's that simple.

Matt

Tesfaye Bramble...

You are the weakest link...Goodbye!

*Note: From a personal point of view I would like Tes here next season. For the purpose of this poll, he's stranded at the bus stop*

Why isn't Jupp or anyone else in there? Democracy is supposed to be about choice. Homer Simpson was right.

Tsk ....
wink.gif

Matt I hate to tell u this but this topic will confuse people look at the title..
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Let's keep this simple, Who would people rather keep?

then ur post says.....
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]One of them's gotta go. Tes or Darryl. You decide
so are we voting to keep or to dispose of?

biggrin.gif

Darryl. We have enough cover upfront next season providing Constantine re-signs. Keepers on the other hand are harder to find if they have any ability.

I've been more savage than I realised.  It's a bus with only 19 places on it.

But I think that's a good thing.  It means Tilly can bring in 4 (or, at a push, 5) new players, and leave us with a squad of 23 or 24 - a small, but high-quality squad with an appropriately-sized wage bill.

Here's the current retained list (according to SZ) consisting of players already on contracts, players generally acknowledged we must keep, and 2 players (Jupp & Corbett) who won the last vote:

2.  Duncan Jupp (RB)
3.  Nicky Nicolau (LB)
4.  Leon Cort (CB)
5.  Mark Warren (CB)
6.  Jay Smith (M)
7.  Mark Gower (M/RM/LM)
8.  Kevin Maher (M)
9.  Lawrie Dudfield (F)
10. Leon Constantine (F/RM)
11. Drewe Broughton (F)
12. Jimmy Corbett (F/RM)
13. Ryan Robinson (GK)
14. Lewis Hunt (CB/M)
15. Mark Bentley (M)
16. Carl Pettefer (M/LM)
17. Michael Kightly (LM)
18. Michael Husbands (F)
19. Stuart Williams (RB)

Looking at the list, if we've got 4 players to bring in, I reckon we need:

1. A goalkeeper
2. A left-back
3. A right-back
4. An out-and-out left winger (left-footed as well)
(5. A forward... because you never know when one will lose form or get injured)

One out of the left-back and right-back we bring in needs to be a reasonable centre-back as well, a la Jamie Stuart.

Thoughts?

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ April 16 2004,18:38)]stop trying to get rid of bramble then
tounge.gif
I'm not trying to get rid of him... it is the people who must decide.

wink.gif

Matt

(Phew, almost rumbled there. Oh sh*t, did I say that out loud?)

laugh.gif
ghostface.gif

Definitely keep Flahavan. He's one of the best shot-stoppers in the division and much more valuable than Bramble. We have Constantine and Dudfield to replace lazy boy Bramble, who do we have instead of Flavs? Ryan Robinson???
sad.gif

Another fine performance by Flavs today, shows that it is he who we need back next season over Bramble. I'd say that he is in the top 5 most crucial re-signings in the off-season (Warren, Cort, Maher, Constantine being in there as well).

So, the SZ / MtS polls are completed... the retained list has been chosen for next season:

1.  Darryl Flahavan (GK)
2.  Duncan Jupp (RB)
3.  Nicky Nicolau (LB)
4.  Leon Cort (CB)
5.  Mark Warren (CB)
6.  Jay Smith (M)
7.  Mark Gower (M/RM/LM)
8.  Kevin Maher (M)
9.  Lawrie Dudfield (F)
10. Leon Constantine (F/RM)
11. Drewe Broughton (F)
12. Jimmy Corbett (F/RM)
13. Ryan Robinson (GK)
14. Lewis Hunt (CB/M)
15. Mark Bentley (M)
16. Carl Pettefer (M/LM)
17. Michael Kightly (LM)
18. Michael Husbands (F)
19. Stuart Williams (RB)

I reckon we'll do pretty well with that line-up...

smile.gif

Matt

Back