• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So we are a little over 14 hours away from the Essex derby. Ok, to most it's not the most glamorous of derbies, hell most footy fans wouldn't even look twice at this fixture and think "Big game" but you know what, I couldn't give a toss...

To me, this is the biggest game in our football calendar, this is the game where the night before (tonight!) I will be laying in bed, playing out goal scoring scenarios in my head for hours. A night where I will be playing "throw the paper ball in the bin" and believing whatever the outcome of this game, will be the result tomorrow. A night where I'll be looking up at the stars and praying that someone up there will deliver the right result for us tomorrow.

So If you do something this evening and pre-match tomorrow, that makes you think "maybe I'm a bit weird" dont worry, it's just us, the real football fans getting ready for the biggest battle in "our" football world.

Screw the Prem and its overpaid pre-madonna players. Give me a packed Roots Hall on a cold Saturday lunch-time, against "the enemy" any day.

Live for this moment people, it comes but twice a year if we are lucky. So don your Southend shirt with pride in the morning. Dust off that flag that lurks behind the wardrobe. Stand tall and stand proud, for we must unite as one at 1pm tomorrow and help our heroes defeat the enemy that is Colchester United.

Every single one of you has a duty to the club and to your fellow fans. So sing loud and sing proud, for there can truly only be "One Team in Essex"

Looking into getting the train from Northampton to Southend, will be ****ing expensive and rather weird going alone but you know what who gives a toss it's a massive game and I want to be there.

Never been to a Essex derby (or any derby, I think), unfortunately, but I will be there in spirit.

I expect it will be much the same, routine wise - wake up, lounge about in bed while listening to Fighting Talk, get up, online, in the chat room nice and early, have a nice chat with the exiles (although if talk goes in any way near the direction it did last game I may have to skip out, *cough*AS*cough*), watch as we trounce the farmers, then celebrate over a nice evening in in front of the telly.

Chaps, a big hats off has to go to Aberdeen Dave - 16 or so odd hours on a bus and train to get down for this match. Great dedication.

Looking forward to what you have planned tomorrow Lee - shall be in around half 12 with my flag and my mate will wave one of the big tbv flags for you too. Good work on getting everything going for this derby mate, and to the others alongside you too.

Let's get behind them in a big way tomorrow everyone - that horrible back pass from Sodje in the 0-3 drubbing still gives a horrible feeling - tomorrow we'll put right these feelings and march onto a big 3 points!

I dont think I've ever been so excited about a football match before!

I've never had the buzz I have had all week at any other essex derby or football game.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!

Well up for this. Sing loud and sing proud. Let's get on top of the Ewe players and be the 12th man.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM
ON YOU BLUUUUUUUUUES!

well halloween is in full flow as is the beerI am ready to punch any tosser from north of wickford who doesn't support the mighty BLUUUUUUUUE ARRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. i SO HOPE WE BEAT THOSE FARMING INBRED OYSTER FISHING HALFWITS

Nothing gets the heart pumping like the prospect of a derby game against the Ewes - you can keep your Orients, Leeds and anyone else you want to throw in the mix (the Man U game possibly the only exception!), give me an Essex derby any day!

Yep, getting excited now! Picking Mrs MK up at 9.30 and then we're off (via Tesco's!)

I'm in the South Lower today so (Kay, Gary, Jackie etc etc) if we don't catch up, we'll definitely sit in the West's next game (either 2nd Round Fa or Huddersfield for Gareth's "punishment!")

Wear your colours people,but don't forget, that little red poppy as well.
If you forget your poppy I'm sure the Legion will be around the Hall to buy another one. They've got sticky on ones this year which is a great idea.

Back