• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

let Me in

Great? Annoys me that they feel the need to remake an already brilliant film just because dumbarse lazy yanks can't be bothered to read subtitles.

could be good, could be ****. the interesting thing is that the book and original film are both superb, but the film takes a different angle... leaves things vague and doesn't go into all the historical stuff. therefore it adds scope for Let Me In to be quite different, and hopefully still be good.

Anyone who hasn't read the book or watched the original should definitely do so.

Great? Annoys me that they feel the need to remake an already brilliant film just because dumbarse lazy yanks can't be bothered to read subtitles.

normally I'd agree with you (especially about the Japanese films), however in this case I think a new film could be interesting. I don't think it just comes down to the subtitles, see my thoughts above ^^^

normally I'd agree with you (especially about the Japanese films), however in this case I think a new film could be interesting. I don't think it just comes down to the subtitles, see my thoughts above ^^^

I wish I could agree. How many US cinemas out of the main cities (and even in them) show foreign language films? Hollywood is so utterly laughable these days with remake after remake after TV "re-invention". It's so utterly devoid of any imagination.

Oskar & Eli will no doubt turn into "troubled" goth teens rather than innocent pre-pubescent kids.

Why have so many vampire programs and films been made over the past few years?

Why do they attract such geeks as well?

I wish I could agree. How many US cinemas out of the main cities (and even in them) show foreign language films? Hollywood is so utterly laughable these days with remake after remake after TV "re-invention". It's so utterly devoid of any imagination.

Oskar & Eli will no doubt turn into "troubled" goth teens rather than innocent pre-pubescent kids.

we'll wait and see, I'm not going to write it off just yet

Thought this was going to be a thread about the Osmonds, then realised that was highly unlikely in view of the thread starter!

Back