• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sean 2

Director
Ok,i'm looking at today's game thinking why are we not getting chances?

When you look across the midfield,we have in fact 3 out of 4 players who have a natural instinct to play a deep defensive role.So that's not good then,there is an imbalance to our play.
When our back 4 regain possession where are our midfielders when they look up?Too bloody close that's where.
Macca had the width for example,but if he doesn't move up when looking for the ball then how on earth does he expect to get crosses into the box or take a player on down the line.It took him well into the 2nd half to push on.Why?We're at home for Christs sake...have a go!!
Scannel sat near me today and when i told him to go get his boots he gave a knowing smile that said yeh,i'm just what this team needs and i'm sure he will be.
Mark Gower.He will make mistakes.He will create chances.Fine everybody,let him do both and get off Tilly's back about him.He's our best chance of creating a goal because he is our ONLY attack minded player in the midfield.

The effort today WAS there from the players but the link-up play was all wrong and we were going round in circles.

We need a strong defender or two,another good winger and a half-decent striker to join this squad Tilly and i promise you all we will be a force to reckon with in this league.

Oh and those ****s in the West angered me and i felt sorry for the TBV organisers who put so much of their time in to be placed in the same category as people who sing anti-SUFC crap while our boys try to get a win.

The effort today WAS there from the players but the link-up play was all wrong and we were going round in circles.

I'd agree with that. People harp on about effort whenever things don't go right but today was about tactics rather than effort.

As for Scannell, I'm sure he'd have found it a decent experiance today. Hopefully he's got the self-belief to think that he can be exactly what we need at the moment.

He better get used to that. He's a flair player who will play down the flanks so he's certainly going to have to get used to the sort of advice that he'll get from the West and from the East....

With Leon gone,we have not got strikers who fashion out chances for themselves so we need our midfield to support them.
Today Bailey,Maher and Macca were half a pitch away when we hit the front two.
We need crosses for Charlie Mac not punts from inside our own half.

I think if Hooper is given a constant run in the side he will hit the net.

I heard today that he is potentially off to Borient.

The question that has to be asked is WHY? If Orient think he is good enough and capable of scoring goals in this league why dont we?

Back