• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lets get to know one another - A bit of Fun

shrimperhosk

First XI
Hi this is my fist post on here so go easy lol just though it would be fun to get to know our fellow SZ traits in terms of SUFCso a few questions to answer (you can add some if you please)

Please choose one

1, Roots Hall Or Wembley

2, Collymore Or Eastwood

3, to win 1-0 or 2-1

3, Burger or Hotdog (burger with onions would be nice)

4, Geoff King Or Bin Laden (to have criticize you in a video/article)

5, Off Shore account Or Harass your maid LOL jokes sorry couldnt resist,

if anyone has some funny * or * get typing this should cheer some people up.... or not UTB
[/S]

Last edited:
1, Roots Hall Or Wembley. Hmm... I'm not sure what the direct comparison is here! Wembley is obviously better in every respect, but I have much more affection for Roots Hall, so thats my choice. :)

2, Collymore Or Eastwood. Tough one this, as they both had a similar impact in the Southend teams they played in, with Eastwood here for longer of course. I actually think they would work quite well together! Bit greedy that though, so I've gone for Collymore.

3, to win 1-0 or 2-1. Easy this one - 2-1. Give me high scoring games any day (I know that wont please the defenders among us!).

3, Burger or Hotdog (burger with onions would be nice). Hotdog (with onions would be nice, agreed)

4, Geoff King Or Bin Laden (to have criticize you in a video/article). Bin Laden - at least I have a rough idea what he does....

5, Off Shore account Or Harass your maid LOL jokes sorry couldnt resist. Off shore account (as long as its full of money of course...). You can get as many maids as you like then!

Wembley - because Graham Bressington messed up our chance to get there
Collymore - made Danny Baker angry
either or
Burger. Even though it tastes of cardboard. I like cardboard
GK - because he's off soon
I wish I had either

to reply to my own post

1, Roots Hall Or Wembley - Roots hall been to Wembley a few times and each time i always say i do prefer roots hall lol

2, Collymore Or Eastwood - For me it would be Eastwood purley as i can remember more good times & he was here longer

3, to win 1-0 or 2-1 - to win 2-1 i love goals goals goals

3, Burger or Hotdog (burger with onions would be nice) - Burger but agreed they tast like carboard

4, Geoff King Or Bin Laden (to have criticize you in a video/article) - Bin Laden as King would say something like "he just isnt the fan we thought he was and i blame him for our downfall"

5, Off Shore account Or Harass your maid LOL jokes sorry couldnt resist, - the maid for me (unless she looks like the one from Family guy)

My first post as well, thought this one may be a good one to take my SZ virginity.

1, Roots Hall Or Wembley - Only been to the old Wembley and can't say I enjoyed it much England 0-0 Bulgaria in a friendly, was too young to appreciate the players either, so has to be Roots Hall, been to pretty much every game since I was 7 so over a decade of good and bad memories tops a one off match.

2, Collymore Or Eastwood - Don't think I've ever seen Collymore play, remember one game where the crowd were chanting his name, but Freddy Eastwood scoring after 7 seconds against Swansea going on to score a hatrick and then the obvious influx of goals and successive promotions gets my vote.

3, to win 1-0 or 2-1 - Tough one, 2-1 usually is much better, as more goals. But there is one 1-0 scoreline that will stick in the memory for a while, that against a top premiership team that were knocked out of the 'Carling cup' only then to go on and win everything else they were in that season. Again another reason I chose the above answer!

3, Burger or Hotdog (burger with onions would be nice) - Not keen on either, especially from Roots Hall, but if I had to chose would likely be a hotdog.

4, Geoff King Or Bin Laden (to have criticize you in a video/article) - Would like Geoff King to test BL's hide and seek record.

5, Off Shore account Or Harass your maid LOL jokes sorry couldnt resist - Like has been said before, if the off shore accounts have money in that wins the vote there!

Welcome to the newbies by the way - always good to see new blood on the Zone :)

Now you've dipped your toes in the water, I hope you'll both contribute often to the lively debates we often have - and dont forget to log in to the chatroom on match days if you cant get to the game!

1. Wembley
2. Collymore
3. 1-0
3. (the other one) Pie
4. Geoff King, as it is less likely to be interpreted by his followers as an instruction to kill me
5. Are they both dormant?

my fancydress business

Methinks there ought to be a significant business opportunity for you amongst the footie fans on this site...! Perhaps a ShrimperZone partnership with your business might work - encouraging more fancy dress at matches and drumming up some business for you! SZ already has similar arrangements with businesses of some fans, such as F W Goodson wills and probate in Leigh.

If you'd like to discuss how that could work, send a PM to Cricko mate and he'll be delighted to hear from you I'm sure.

Yes that would be great we done somthing with the Shrimpers Trust for the Southampton game and it worked pretty well, how do i message cricko (sorry first time really posting)

1, Roots Hall Or Wembley
Roots Hall, all day everyday!

2, Collymore Or Eastwood
when collymore left he seemed to get better. When eastwood left, he seemed to get worse - overall i'd say collymore

3, to win 1-0 or 2-1
2-1 - if we were level on points & GD with another team, goals for would count first.

3, Burger or Hotdog (burger with onions would be nice)
I've never really been into hotdogs, so burgers for me

4, Geoff King Or Bin Laden (to have criticize you in a video/article)
Geoff King - more people believe Bin Laden

5, Off Shore account Or Harass
Off shore account - c.r.e.a.m.

In the Chit-Chat forum there is a thread started by Cricko called 'Our New Site'. Open the first page of that thread and the first post is from John (Cricko). Click on his username and select the menu option for private message... good luck.

:)

1) Roots Hall, a no-brainer. I think in the pre-new stadium days (i.e. pre-1988) Roots Hall was described as the Wembley of the lower divisions.

2) Sir Stanley, he went further that Freddy and was physically stronger.

3) 2-1. Gimme the goals!

4) Burger. Hot dogs slip out the end.

5) Bin Laden - he's easier to find and more reasonable to deal with when you do find him.

6) Some have said a well stocked off-shore account means you can have your pick of maids; I say if you harass you maids well enough then the accounts look after themselves.

1) Roots Hall, a no-brainer. I think in the pre-new stadium days (i.e. pre-1988) Roots Hall was described as the Wembley of the lower divisions.

Kevin Keegans autobiography IIRC

(About when he was at Scunthorpe although he didnt mention the program naming him Geegan)

Fish im luving the

5) Bin Laden - he's easier to find and more reasonable to deal with when you do find him.

6) Some have said a well stocked off-shore account means you can have your pick of maids; I say if you harass you maids well enough then the accounts look after themselves.

Renewed faith/hope id say plus after a break & a rubbish World Cup i think people are getting ready for the new season Oh and the school holidays more people online

Back