• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LETS GIVE TAYLOR A WARM WELCOME HOME

petejan

First XI
I was reading in the paper that Taylor says that he is looking forward to coming home to southend and he hopes his HULL side get there three points they need for promotion and he doesnt care if they get them at Roots hall or timbucktoo .Well Mr taylor I hope every SHRIMPER sends who home with nothing but warm ears .

IMHO he ranks as one of our worst managers,alongside Bobby Moore.

Await the flak,from the " He's southend through and through brigade "
sad.gif

He will get a big "welcome home" from us, but we are still in a chance for a 10th place finish so hopefully Taylor might have to put their party until Sat 24th.

I'll give Spud a wave ... a back-hand one!!

Kev

biggrin.gif

P.s About 500/600 Littleman. Wud have been more had it been played on the Saturday. Hopefully we can try and reach 6000 this Tuesday, but i reckon it will be more like 5000 as the club dont seem to have advertised it that well ...

I think Hull will pack out the North Stand, Its a massive game for them and most of um will wanna see them get promotion.

Well hopefully its going to be a wasted jorney for them its a long night home pointless .
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

we all forget the pull of the champs league semis might make a few stay at home on the sofa??!!. Sad people.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bigdel @ April 18 2004,20:09)]IMHO he ranks as one of our worst managers,alongside Bobby Moore.

sad.gif
Shame on all of you.

mad.gif

I watched Spud play many times, and yes, he is as "Southend" as Steve Tilson. He gave up a very good job to come back into football with the Blues, and he did his best for us. He didn't walk out on the club like some, nor did he waste his time boozing it up with the lads instead of setting an example like others. What do you expect him to say about the match? "Oh yes, Southend, well I've told the lads to go easy and drop the points 'cos I'm a big Southend fan?" Get Real!!

On other threads you are "voting off" Rawle for being a judas. Spud was an ever-loyal servant of this club, and should get as warm a welcome as Chrissie Powel did.

mad.gif

He's a lovely bloke though. My dad played vet's football with him for quite a few years (in my younger days - well 6-10 years ago) and would always say hello and have a chat. Shame he wasn't a success here and best of luck to him!

Kev

cool.gif

Also how soon we forget the only Southend player/manager to manage England !!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ April 18 2004,23:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bigdel @ April 18 2004,20:09)]IMHO he ranks as one of our worst managers,alongside Bobby Moore.

sad.gif
Shame on all of you.

mad.gif

I watched Spud play many times, and yes, he is as "Southend" as Steve Tilson. He gave up a very good job to come back into football with the Blues, and he did his best for us. He didn't walk out on the club like some, nor did he waste his time boozing it up with the lads instead of setting an example like others. What do you expect him to say about the match? "Oh yes, Southend, well I've told the lads to go easy and drop the points 'cos I'm a big Southend fan?" Get Real!!

On other threads you are "voting off" Rawle for being a judas. Spud was an ever-loyal servant of this club, and should get as warm a welcome as Chrissie Powel did.

mad.gif
Totally agreed,

Always liked Peter Taylor, always puts in a good word for Southend and always said he would love to come back the club.

I believe he will be back and i for one would love to see him back at Southend i think he would do a good job.

I will be giving him a good reception.

P.S 4thman, what bout d**k Bate ?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ April 19 2004,00:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ April 18 2004,23:42)]
[b said:

sad.gif
Shame on all of you.

mad.gif

mad.gif
Totally agreed,

Always liked Peter Taylor, always puts in a good word for Southend and always said he would love to come back the club.

I believe he will be back and i for one would love to see him back at Southend i think he would do a good job.
You must have been about six when Taylor managed Southend.

I agree with S I K that Taylor is a Southend man and gave us his all and for that, he deserves our respect... but as our manager, it is only right to say that his 'all' wasn't good enough. We played boring football under his guidance and the results were not impressive.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 19 2004,00:00)]Also how soon we forget the only Southend player/manager to manage England !!!
Don't forget he played for and managed England.

As for his comments about three points. What do you expect him to say? What would people think if he came out with, "I like Southend and I am going to make sure we lose to ensure they are safe for next season?" I can't believe people are upset with him for saying exactly what he has to say.

People also seem to assume we were a bad team under him, but don't forget the team he was left with. They were Barry Fry's travelling circus. All the team wanted to leave and move to Birmingham (except Gridlet who turned them down).

I bumped in to Peter Taylor a few years back on holiday and spent a night talking to him and has wife about his SUFC days. He told me that at Chriss Powells wedding a few of the players came up to him (including Ricky Otto) and apologised for making life difficult for him at Southend.

They knew what they were doing; they all thought that if they were bad enough he would let them all go to Brum.

I also remember a few years after that when he went to Brighton he said that he was worried about taking over a successful team because the players may resent him. He's obviously learnt his lessons the hard way!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 18 2004,21:34)]I'll give Spud a wave ... a back-hand one!!

Kev

biggrin.gif

P.s About 500/600 Littleman. Wud have been more had it been played on the Saturday. Hopefully we can try and reach 6000 this Tuesday, but i reckon it will be more like 5000 as the club dont seem to have advertised it that well ...
Your f**king living in dream world, they'll bring about 2200,

you have no experience on things like this what so ever

I reckon about 2000 mad hull fans and about 5500-6000 home fans should make it biggest crowd this season. And i like spud as he was good for this club but he manages a rival and as such will get all the usual banter that comes with. Thats not to say we dont think highly of him!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 19 2004,10:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 18 2004,21:34)]I'll give Spud a wave ... a back-hand one!!

Kev

biggrin.gif

Your f**king living in dream world, they'll bring about  2200,

you have no experience on things like this what so ever
Bit harsh Cockles. Have you checked the tides for tomorrow night
smile.gif

Back