• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LETS GIVE TAYLOR A WARM WELCOME HOME

The only abuse Taylor will receive will be from the schoolkids in the West stand block W who were still at primary school when Taylor managed Southend and behave like they still should be there.

I don't remember him as a player - well before my time - but I know enough about him to give Spud some repsect tomorrow. A duff manager perhaps, but a Southend legend nonetheless

In retrospect, folks, was keeping us in Division 1 that duff an achievement, bearing in mind what his successor (Ronnie Whelan) achieved.

Besides, he led us to a 3-1 home victory over Fat Judas and Brum, and for that I shall be eternally grateful.

If I were there, I'd give Taylor a round of applause.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 19 2004,10:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 18 2004,21:34)]I'll give Spud a wave ... a back-hand one!!

Kev

biggrin.gif

P.s About 500/600 Littleman. Wud have been more had it been played on the Saturday. Hopefully we can try and reach 6000 this Tuesday, but i reckon it will be more like 5000 as the club dont seem to have advertised it that well ...
Your f**king living in dream world, they'll bring about  2200,

you have no experience on things like this what so ever
I can only apoligse for my wrong quesstimate. I only found out this morning that if they win, it will pretty much confirm their promotion to Divvie 2 ...

But i still dont think they'll bring 2200 ...

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 19 2004,10:29)]The only abuse Taylor will receive will be from the schoolkids in the West stand block W who were still at primary school when Taylor managed Southend and behave like they still should be there.
I believe the only abuse Taylor will get is from Ricky Ottos ****............... Oooh sorry after reading the post in full,I know see we are talking about her dad

No problem with the man whatsoever, in fact, seems like a top bloke and, as an ex-manager, is the only one who gives us any credit when we're on tv (see muppts Martin and Whelan).

However, his managerial record is very mixed. Superb with Gills/England U21. Not great with us/Leicester. Hull's a difficult one to call cos with that kind of money/support/stadium, it seems most managers would do pretty well.

Also, let's not forget that Hull seem to hate playing us and tried their best to let us win at their place earlier in the season when we were rubbish.:;):

I'll be giving Taylor a warm reception before the game, but once it starts it will be business as usual as far as I'm concerned. The last thing I want is the opposition fans celebrating on our turf (not that they will definitely be up anyway should they win).

As for his managerial abilities, I think Southend was his first league club, so he's probably learnt a lot since; not sure I'd want him back though.

Bar Leicester, his managerial record in recent years has been exceptional, so I'd have him back in the wink of a Jap's eye personally.

I also think it's pretty disgusting to suggest booing a former Southend legend that always gave the club his best. But then what do I know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 19 2004,13:34)]personnally in my eyes he is a shocking manager
Absolutley agree. I mean, he only managed promotion with Brighton, promotion with Gillingham and will more than likely gain promotion with Hull (which depite their size has not been managed by a succession of managers of late), and went through a whole qualifying campaign with England U21 with a 100% record, and without letting in a goal.

Yep, I agree, a shocking record.

Completely forgot about Brighton who, I agree, he did exceptionally well with. It does worry me that he seems to have issues with the top two divisions.

Did wonders for Gills and Brighton though and if he gets too successful with Hull, I expect him to wind up with us sooner or later!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ April 19 2004,14:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 19 2004,13:34)]personnally in my eyes he is a shocking manager
Absolutley agree. I mean, he only managed promotion with Brighton, promotion with Gillingham and will more than likely gain promotion with Hull (which depite their size has not been managed by a succession of managers of late), and went through a whole qualifying campaign with England U21 with a 100% record, and without letting in a goal.

sorry yes you are right lets out tilson and brush and have that pile of **** taylor back at the club

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ April 19 2004,14:57)]Absolutley agree. I mean, he only managed promotion with Brighton, promotion with Gillingham and will more than likely gain promotion with Hull (which depite their size has not been managed by a succession of managers of late), and went through a whole qualifying campaign with England U21 with a 100% record, and without letting in a goal.

He inherited a good team at Gillingham, who had been about two minutes away from promotion the season before (in the play-off final vs Man City).
As for Leicester, he inherited a good side there, but once he started putting his own stamp on the team (eg buying Akinbiyi) they turned rubbish.
A good coach more than a good manager I'd say

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 19 2004,16:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ April 19 2004,14:57)]
[b said:

sorry yes you are right lets out tilson and brush and have that pile of **** taylor back at the club
In spite of your sarcasm-laced comment, isn't he's allowed to think well of Taylor? We don't have to appoint every manager who we think of as decent.

If you think we are only bringing 600/800 you are WRONG. There wont be less than 1,000 Tue night or no.
CS **** you seem a pretty balanced sort of guy. A chip on each shoulder is it ?. I'll fetch you a couple of new ones down from the factory in Scarborough (McCain's oven ready)
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 19 2004,16:29)]If you think we are only bringing 600/800 you are WRONG. There wont be less than 1,000 Tue night or no.
CS **** you seem a pretty balanced sort of guy. A chip on each shoulder is it ?. I'll fetch you a couple of new ones down from the factory in Scarborough (McCain's oven ready)
smile.gif
If there is anyone we should be booing it's the Hull fan! They should be booed for being a bunch of brick throwing c**ts, and in my opinion the dirtiest bunch of fans in the lower leagues regardless. Their police force seem to know what they're like as they are often hiding in big police vans behind concrete sheds on matchdays!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 19 2004,16:29)]If you think we are only bringing 600/800 you are WRONG. There wont be less than 1,000 Tue night or no.
Only cos there's no rugby league on the telly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If there is anyone we should be booing it's the Hull fan! They should be booed for being a bunch of brick throwing c**ts, and in my opinion the dirtiest bunch of fans in the lower leagues regardless. Their police force seem to know what they're like as they are often hiding in big police vans behind concrete sheds on matchdays!

agreed totaly

Back