• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Would love to see the following terms approved by those loveable rouges at this months meeting.

Southend United Football club to vacate Roots Hall stadium once the new stadium including the main stand is completed.

The owners of the new stadium can only ever charge nominal rent lets say the following applies on a sliding scale depending on status.
Non league..Free rent
League 2 ...75k
League 1...100k
Championship...150k
Prem...250k

Any rent can only increase by inflation rate.

The club to have three quarters of profit from any extra stadium revenue streams.

The club moves into new stadium with all debts cleared.

If the council cannot get the above terms then shelve the FF venture.

??????? - Confused by this post! Please elaborate further.

??????? - Confused by this post! Please elaborate further.

If the council agree to current plans which is 3 sided stadium without any rental restrictions the end will be closer than we think IMO.

I think the only thing the Council had to agree on (due to be heard on thie 10th April i beileve) is the Town Center Regeneration payment they will recive from the club. The Figure was discussed last week, and apparently an agreement has been made. This is belived to be in the region of £2.5M - £3.0M. Reduced from the Original £6M as per the original plans/agreement.

I previously posted this elsewhere on the forums in a reply to post from FBM about the retail side etc. The point however still stands in answer to mrsblue.

What Business's are these, the retail sector in Southend in half empty as it is, have you checked Southend High street lately , driven along the length of the a13 from Southend to Hadleigh and even in your area of Leigh there are empty shops galore. Anybody building a new small retail site atm in this current ecomonic climate and with the online market growing daily would need there head tested..The so called units at FF have been on the market before they have even started for over 2 years now and not one unit has been taken up or anybody shown the slightest interest in them.Who are these hoteliers that want to open in up in the 4th side of the new stadium, when we have a new one opened recently at the Airport and expansion of some other established ones..If there was that great a call for new hotels then the land on the seafront earmarked by the old gas works and owned by Robert Leonard and Regis Group would of been built by now.Where is this great call for huge conference areas in this town?

This is what frightens me:

We get a 3 sided stadium built and that is it..The council have said that the retail cannot open until the 4th side is built..So what,will RM care then as he would of got us out of RH on the cheap, develop that and walk away leaving us in the crap.

Oh and he wont have to pay the council anything at all from his original carrot to get the plans passed.The HUGE mistake they made was allowing it to be built in 2 stages, they should of insisted on a 4 sided ground being built before he could do anything at RH.

I do so hope I am wrong but as it stands FF apart from a 3 sided stadium will be a dead duck.

I previously posted this elsewhere on the forums in a reply to post from FBM about the retail side etc. The point however still stands in answer to mrsblue.

What Business's are these, the retail sector in Southend in half empty as it is, have you checked Southend High street lately , driven along the length of the a13 from Southend to Hadleigh and even in your area of Leigh there are empty shops galore. Anybody building a new small retail site atm in this current ecomonic climate and with the online market growing daily would need there head tested..The so called units at FF have been on the market before they have even started for over 2 years now and not one unit has been taken up or anybody shown the slightest interest in them.Who are these hoteliers that want to open in up in the 4th side of the new stadium, when we have a new one opened recently at the Airport and expansion of some other established ones..If there was that great a call for new hotels then the land on the seafront earmarked by the old gas works and owned by Robert Leonard and Regis Group would of been built by now.Where is this great call for huge conference areas in this town?

This is what frightens me:

We get a 3 sided stadium built and that is it..The council have said that the retail cannot open until the 4th side is built..So what,will RM care then as he would of got us out of RH on the cheap, develop that and walk away leaving us in the crap.

Oh and he wont have to pay the council anything at all from his original carrot to get the plans passed.The HUGE mistake they made was allowing it to be built in 2 stages, they should of insisted on a 4 sided ground being built before he could do anything at RH.

I do so hope I am wrong but as it stands FF apart from a 3 sided stadium will be a dead duck.

This IMO is on the money and this club will never survive without the main stand and rental capped.

[]We get a 3 sided stadium built and that is it..The council have said that the retail cannot open until the 4th side is built..So what,will RM care then as he would of got us out of RH on the cheap, develop that and walk away leaving us in the crap.[/COLOR]

I fear I am missing something here John. Doesn't RM stand to make a packet out of the retail development ? - or is that what you are saying, there is no need for it any more so it will be a waste of money building it as it will turn into a white elephant? I thought that people such as M+S were already signed up for one of their premier stores.

This IMO is on the money and this club will never survive without the main stand and rental capped.

And I also fear there is something else I have missed here as I didn't think 'the Club' owned anything any more and any money derived from 'revenue streams' would continue to be down to the goodness of a certain Chairman's heart.

I fear I am missing something here John. Doesn't RM stand to make a packet out of the retail development ? - or is that what you are saying, there is no need for it any more so it will be a waste of money building it as it will turn into a white elephant? I thought that people such as M+S were already signed up for one of their premier stores.

For one he has to find finance to build it and who is up for lending the amount required to get that far? 2.Yes I think it will be a White elephant as half of Vic Circus is now. Ask yourself why haven't Tesco's built their huge store there that they have had planning for, for about 3-4 years. As far as M&S are concerned they might of shown interest about 4 years or so ago, but I would think that has somewhat waned now in this economic climate as they seem to be losing money apart from their food section.The only reason they showed interest in the first place was again a carrot offered. Like all big stores, which was certainly the case at Lakeside and Bluewater they are offered million pound incentives to open as figurehead stores to try to attract other in. Online shopping has grown dramatically since those days.

I hope the council do pass the plans but I also hope they see the chances of them getting any money are pretty slim and they should insist upon 4 sides being built before RH is demolished, although where the money will come for the 4th side is IMO still wishful thinking on RM's part.

Ask yourself why haven't Tesco's built their huge store there that they have had planning for, for about 3-4 years.

I understand this to be a matter of the Royal Mail/Post Office, requiring too much money for the land they own behind the old B&Q(including the sorting office).

And I also fear there is something else I have missed here as I didn't think 'the Club' owned anything any more and any money derived from 'revenue streams' would continue to be down to the goodness of a certain Chairman's heart.

The retail arm is the sideshow.

Ron will make most of his money from the RH property development.

The retail arm is the sideshow.

Ron will make most of his money from the RH property development.

That's true Smiffy but it's not a good time to build houses either. Investment has stalled everywhere and I cannot see it turning round for a few years yet. Ron would want to make maximum profit so it may be in his interests to wait.

Back