• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Let's play nicely people

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with social media is that it is not very social. Mobile phones and the internet are wonderful innovations and the plusses massively outweigh the minuses but the keyboard warrior aspect is perhaps the worst in the negative column.
I think this short clip from Ricky Gervais sums up Twitter perfectly. *Explicit Language Warning*

I have read through this whole thread and John has put it perfectly as have the other mods who have spoken. Unlike our old forum where you used to see when a post is deleted on this new format members don’t see when a post is deleted. The only people who know is the forum team and the individual who posted. This makes for a cleaner forum for you, but don’t get the impression we are not doing anything because you don’t see the spaces where posts were.

Behind the scenes we work tirelessly and often have to wait hours before another mod is online to get an opinion on a post or member. We try to act as fast and possible and we have before deleted posts a bit hastily and reinstated them after deliberation. We try and keep free speech and opinion to a maximum as long as it doesn’t edge towards bullying or abuse. If you’re constantly shooting a poster down for their opinion and targeting them maybe you need to take a step back and think “would I like it if someone did this to me?”. Treat others how you expect to be treated!

I am very thick skinned and had to put up with some serious ‘banter’ in my working life as a former fire fighter, airport worker and 9 year career in the forces I’ve had my fair share of banter. Now a lot of it can go over your head but sometimes that one thing can stick with you and play on your mind. What might not be offensive to me might be offensive to another. Mental health is a massive thing in today’s society and with all the struggles everyone went through with COVID and lockdowns people are still struggling more than ever.

What my point I’m getting at is, we are not perfect no one is! We all make mistakes but let’s try and take a second to think before we press reply. Think about your message and make sure it’s less offensive.

Rather than write “what a stupid post you idiot” be more constructive “I disagree with your post and opinion, how have you come to this viewpoint?”.

And finally don’t forget if you find it offensive press the REPORT button. Every single report is debated by all of us, just because you don’t hear anything from your report doesn’t mean we haven’t done it.

It’s a new week, hopefully a good one and 3 points on Saturday!

Up the Blues!!!

It's really not that difficult is it?

Don't post something that is offensive or insulting. If you're the kind of person that struggles to control your emotions, then wait until you've calmed down before posting as you might find a better way to word something that turns an insult into a genuine question that challenges a viewpoint.

It's really not that difficult is it?

Don't post something that is offensive or insulting. If you're the kind of person that struggles to control your emotions, then wait until you've calmed down before posting as you might find a better way to word something that turns an insult into a genuine question that challenges a viewpoint.
You smell of elderberries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back