• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Let's play nicely people

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mods are doing a good job, unpaid volunteers, and unlike me they don't have the benefit of the "ignore" function.
Okay, sometimes could be more robust BUT finding a close, even and fair middle ground is a tough ask, once or twice, let alone with 1000s of postings.
Anyone in doubt about other zones/forums being cess pits needs to have a look at something like M'wall's.
In comparison they are a full flow burst sewer, and we have next doors' cat's pooh in the flower bed.

I did noticed a few personal insults on the live match thread yesterday.

Its not called for, we need to stick together in these tough times been a Shrimper

Together we be stronger , our club will bounce back , we just need a little luck on and of the pitch ...

The council meeting next week is massive start... so we can finally move forward again of the field of play.

PATIENCE is the name of the game IMHO

Last edited:
Fans? Not sure on the definition of that but they are the same people I have seen at games for the last 50 years, the same people attend games of teams in all the grounds up and down this island of ours BUT are they fans or simply sad, often gobby losers with little life, personal respect or sense of right and wrong.
You and I see them every game abusing refs, stewards, police, other fans ( home and away) and very often players although they barely seem to watch or understand the football being played.
one of the reasons I hardly ever go to away games anymore

The main problem is prople are angry and hurting. Often this leads to errors in judgement and this spills onto the keyboard. I am sure that 90% of the time no animosity is really meant to any of the fans. The amount of times my posts get shot down rudely by people on here is funny. I don't take offence, how can I only a few here really know me and uts only words.
Then there are obviously the select few some joined recently a couple joined and left recently as well that are in it for the wind up. Some of the protesters arw not in it for the cause but enjoy making trouble, this is as unhealthy to our club as trolls are.

We do have lives away from these forums and we mod them as volunteers. We try our best to keep on top of most posts. The club is in turmoil, feelings are running high and with so many posts, threads and members views some get past us but we do try to still let members voice their opinions within the rules.
keep up the good work mate, I have nothing but admiration for you & your fellow moderators working hard keeping this the best fans forum going - it must be a nightmare at times

For what its worth most members self regulate the Zone which means we dont have to intervene too often. Of course we could delete stuff (and we do) and we can put posters on moderated posting (which again we do) you just don't see it. We have a bit of a unique situation on here at the moment where Stan is interacting as a Zone member and that can be just a bit lively, and sometimes provocative to some members as well. The best moderation is self moderation, think before you post and certainly dont expect the mods to be everywhere before you agree to play nicely, that's your responsibility.

Whilst nobody on here should post anything abusive and hurtful, it would render the whole purpose of a forum totally pointless if everybody has to conform to a particular viewpoint.
Personally I like to read from people who may wish to defend Ron, or who may question Stan's motives, because it prompts DEBATE and that is what Shrimperzone should be all about.
It is not here to feed egos or to call people "trolls" if they might have a diametrically opposite viewpoint to you.
I would also like to point out the dog's abuse handed out on this site to Kevin Bond (who I had no real feelings about one way or the other), without anyaction being taken by the moderators.

This site should be all about opinions, without anyone needing to resort to personal attacks. Let it stay that way.

Whilst nobody on here should post anything abusive and hurtful, it would render the whole purpose of a forum totally pointless if everybody has to conform to a particular viewpoint.
Personally I like to read from people who may wish to defend Ron, or who may question Stan's motives, because it prompts DEBATE and that is what Shrimperzone should be all about.
It is not here to feed egos or to call people "trolls" if they might have a diametrically opposite viewpoint to you.
I would also like to point out the dog's abuse handed out on this site to Kevin Bond (who I had no real feelings about one way or the other), without anyaction being taken by the moderators.

This site should be all about opinions, without anyone needing to resort to personal attacks. Let it stay that way.
Questioning motives isn't debating, it's trolling, especially when those motives have been explained over 30 years, 17 on here and on 2 hour 30 minutes zoom calls.

The main problem is people are angry and hurting.
This is the exact situation for the majority of the supporter base, at least SVC has acted with honesty and integrity thus far to allow us to have a little optimism for a brighter future.

After all, if SVC hadn't taken the time and effort to get involved we would be under the continual downwards spiral that RM has to take responsibility for having never replaced Steve Kavanagh.

The club motto for the last few seasons should be:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

At least with SVC we are at last seeing some joined up thinking and I for one applaud Stan's passionate involvement and hope that this all works out for SUFC, SVC and most importantly us fans.

Ok ... I agree ..

BUT I do recall a few senior posters piling into me with s range.of abusive comments because I refuse to toe
the party line/group think on certain things ....

So happy to play nicely but will not be scared to express myself .. by anyone .

I have been banned for my opinions - I hope that will not happen to others ..

For what its worth most members self regulate the Zone which means we dont have to intervene too often. Of course we could delete stuff (and we do) and we can put posters on moderated posting (which again we do) you just don't see it. We have a bit of a unique situation on here at the moment where Stan is interacting as a Zone member and that can be just a bit lively, and sometimes provocative to some members as well. The best moderation is self moderation, think before you post and certainly dont expect the mods to be everywhere before you agree to play nicely, that's your responsibility.

I have volunteered as a mod (on a pet rescue site) and can vouch as it how hard it is to monitor everything posted. In my experience most of the worst offenders join, don't stay long but can upset the balance of comments - let's not let that happen on here.

This is horrendous - I’m so sorry you’ve had this experience.

I’d just like to remind everyone that the ‘report’ function is on private messages too. If anyone receives ANY abuse or other form of private message which breaks site rules, please do use the report button and alert the mods. We will not tolerate idiots abusing people anywhere on ShrimperZone, including in private messages.
I didn't know you could report on private messages

I did noticed a few personal insults on the live match thread yesterday.

Its not called for, we need to stick together in these tough times been a Shrimper

Together we be stronger , our club will bounce back , we just need a little luck on and of the pitch ...

The council meeting next week is massive start... so we can finally move forward again of the field of play.

PATIENCE is the name of the game IMHO
Shame you can't report some of the fans during games

Wasn't there a text number for that a few seasons ago? Is that still running?
There was at Roots Hall about 3 seasons back. If I get time I'll trawl back through the Official United site. It wouldn't surprise me if it now deceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back