• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lets watch capitalism crumble....

There's some custies camped by St. Mary's, I'll wager that they'll be much of the same lot that were digging up Priory Park not so long ago.

Do they have to leave camp to collect their benefits or can they have them sent on?

I saw on the news they are not staying overnight "which will be better for their welfare"

Wall St to St Mary's...

I'd have a massive objection if they are on the graves.

Anyone know their demands?

I saw on the news they are not staying overnight "which will be better for their welfare"

Wall St to St Mary's...

The compulsory serving of asparagus at breakfast, and free corsets for the under-fives.

Wall St to St Mary's...

By the look of them I would have thought they are much more likely to be on the meths than Bordeaux wine. Some of them may like a Semillon but unlikely as it was cold last night.

COMMANDO XERXES: What exactly are the demands?

REG: We're giving Pilate two days to dismantle the entire apparatus of the Roman Imperialist State, and if he doesn't agree immediately, we execute her.

MATTHIAS: Cut her head off?

FRANCIS: Cut all her bits off. Send 'em back on the hour every hour. Show them we're not to be trifled with.

REG: Also, we're demanding a ten foot mahogany statue of the Emperor Julius Caesar with his dock hangin' out.

P.F.J.: laughing

LORETTA: What? They'll never agree to that, Reg.

REG: That's just a bar-- a bargaining counter. And of course, we point out that they bear full responsibility when we chop her up, and that we shall not submit to blackmail!

do the Echo not realise that the easiest way to get rid of them would be not to give them any media attention?!

In a dull move they put up a board with their what their for and against you can see it from the spread .
Im guessing they are against the current system .I'm also guessing some of them are unemployed and claiming benefits. So they are effectively complaining against the system that pays them for not working. Just a guess mind.

Am i the only one offened that they have set up in a grave yard or is there a park stlye area there?
No you're not, when you consider that the lot at Priory Crescent were protesting about the grave of a Saxon King, it's pretty hypocritical to now be tramping over the graves of ordinary decent folk.

No you're not, when you consider that the lot at Priory Crescent were protesting about the grave of a Saxon King, it's pretty hypocritical to now be tramping over the graves of ordinary decent folk.

Perhaps it's a different "lot"?

Probably is, change the onus of the protest to suit. One minute it's wrong to "desecrate" a grave, the next it's fine to camp out on top of them.

But are they? I would have though they would have used their nous to realise what a public clanger that would be.

Back