• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Lewis Gard keen to kick on at Southend United after finishing loan spell at Heybridge Swifts

Definitely the sort of midfielder we need - crying out for someone to actually run with the ball 10-15 yards to push the opposition back. Hopefully he is back to his best after two pretty serious knee injuries.

I watched the Heybridge game on Saturday and obviously, you have to take into account it's a lower level and the opposition was absolutely atrocious, Lewis really stood out as a Rolls Royce.

Any time he got on the ball he came forward with intent, always brought someone else in to play or got in the box himself. He was a constant threat

Side note: Tilly has got those lads really playing at Heybridge. They had a slow start to the season and that is the only thing that will stop them from making a promotion challenge, they have goals throughout the team and really looked a class above that level and I've seen a fair bit of Isthmian North in the last 2 years

I hope by bringing him back after a successful 2 month loan to gain match fitness and sharpness means he will be swapping places with the Sloth Aka Atkinson, in the squad.....If we are to move forward as a club players like Atkinson should never be seen in our squad again.

I hope by bringing him back after a successful 2 month loan to gain match fitness and sharpness means he will be swapping places with the Sloth Aka Atkinson, in the squad.....If we are to move forward as a club players like Atkinson should never be seen in our squad again.
So much better as well to be bringing someone into the team after two months of playing first team football than after two months of occasional u23 football. We’re giving our players a much better chance to succeed.

Good to see Lewis back ,im sure that 2 months loan spell with Tilly has him fit and ready for a first team gig with us, Hopefully he will get a decent run out off the bench against Maidenhead .

Back