• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Lewis Gard Signs new contract

What am i missing. Wont he be out of contract in three months and therefore be able to go anywhere?
I think they are trying to say that at the end of his contract, we probably won't have much competition to extend his contract. So if we wanted to keep him, it would be quite easy.

I think they are trying to say that at the end of his contract, we probably won't have much competition to extend his contract. So if we wanted to keep him, it would be quite easy.
That’s the point I was making, but @shrimper43 was saying that even if others want him we’ll be due compensation if we offer £1 over his current deal due to him being under 24, so we won’t lose him whatever the case.

Most unlikely there would be a fee. I was trying (clumsily) to point out that there is nothing in it for the club to give a longer contract as he will effectively still be our player beyond the three months if we so desire. He can’t have a blistering three months and bugger off.
Ah gotcha - yeah maybe - some logic to that.

That’s the point I was making, but @shrimper43 was saying that even if others want him we’ll be due compensation if we offer £1 over his current deal due to him being under 24, so we won’t lose him whatever the case.
Could that be for Premier League and Football League only?

Even if we are due compensation, the amount will be very low. If we got a 22 year old Anthony Straker with 200 appearances for a measly £17,500 then what will a 22 year old (birthday in August) Lewis Gard get with less than a tenth of those appearances?

Even if we are due compensation, the amount will be very low. If we got a 22 year old Anthony Straker with 200 appearances for a measly £17,500 then what will a 22 year old (birthday in August) Lewis Gard get with less than a tenth of those appearances?

Not a lot, but he won’t be worth a lot in 6 months time even if he pulls up more trees than Storm Eunice.

There’s hardly any risk on the club side so unless we’re extremely confident he will add value next season a 6 month deal is right.

It would be less about the fee than the sell-ons.

What are you judging this on?
Well he hasn't been playing for a reason,he had the long injury then came back and still he wasnt playing! The manager obviously didn't rate him enough to be playing so why resign him? Maher should use the wages on another new signing

Measly?

We overpaid by £17,500.

Back