• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lewis Gard

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Appears he may be one of the players we could look to move on, according to CP.

He has since deleted the tweet.

He should be one we are looking to build around.

We'd be as mad to go in with a midfield of 36 year old Alan McCormack and Demi with his bad knee(s?) as we were to start the season with two central midfielders with 16 league appearances behind them. Some balance is required and the veterans will need some youngsters to do the running they are no longer capable of doing.

That would be surprising. Prior to lockdown he was beginning to look like a real player. However, it has to be said that he's not stood out so much since this season got underway.

Tough decisions to be made. I don't envy MM at the moment.

I would be looking to offload or pay off Dieng and Lennon ahead of this decision - especially as it seems we can only bring in players on less wages than those released.

I would be looking to offload or pay off Dieng and Lennon ahead of this decision - especially as it seems we can only bring in players on less wages than those released.
Again this less wages thing is assumed but is not clearly the case. I suspect it will be disproved by the first out and in. EFL regulations do mention this but in embargoes related to other offences. It is assumed it applies in this case but may well not.

Dieng, Lennon, Demi and White. All higher wages than most and have injury problems.

Am very much an LG fan personally so really not pleased by this prospect. Would be difficult to select any of home-bred youngsters now regular first teamers to let go of so my choice would be trying to offload Demetriou primarly then Kyprianou if needs be and worthwhile. Spare the youngsters.

I’m always amazed when people want to shift on our experienced players. They’re not always great but are league 2 standard when fit.

The problem we have when capped on squad size is the 10? 15? kids we have. Most of them are not of league standard at the moment and of these majority of th will probably never be of league standard.

So it’s a case of clearing out the youngsters who have least chance of making it. But that’s tough as they don’t necessarily want to leave to go sign for a conference south team.

So what does MM do? Nothing and we get relegated. Shift on the better youngsters who are not quite ready, but other league teams in better shape than us may want, and we more of a a chance of staying up.

Its a sad state of affairs, and I agree that Gard is one of the better youngsters, certainly the end of last season, but if we can lose him for an established pro then we simply have to do that.

They’re not always great but are league 2 standard when fit.
At the moment (and it has been this way for a while now), our youngsters are more frequently fitter than our experienced players. Experienced players aren't much good to the team on the pitch if they're not in the matchday squad either. The experienced ones are also on the higher wages that if we could manage to move on, would free up space for new players who wouldn't be as crocked and hopefully have some semblence of experience that make them ideal to bring in.

Back