• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lewis Gard

If possible move out those that hardly ever get on the pitch ,the crocks ,we all know who they are .Realistically i think the whole squad is up for sale should any one coming enquiring. The Club also .

It’s always amazed me that people think you can move players out just like that.

like we can decide who we think we dont want and just assume someone else does!

Players are under contract and I dont suppose anyone will happily tear that up or opt for part payment at the moment especially how the chairman treated them over furlough.

Apart from that, why do we think it’s even acceptable? Players with wives, families, kids in local schools, rent / mortgage agreements.....just to say, “sorry we want rid of you now, off you go”!

Rest assured anyone leaving will only be players other clubs actually want probably for a cut price fee rather than players we have that aren’t getting a game or are injured!

Whats happened to all the gritty performance we saw all to briefly at the end of last season. Egbri seems to have kept going but not sure about the others, Kelman, Bwomono,, Gard , Kinali Hutchinson to some extent, Mitchell Nelson.
I thought Gard has been poor so far, but wonder whether most of the problem is our boys not yet really up to full fitness

Whats happened to all the gritty performance we saw all to briefly at the end of last season. Egbri seems to have kept going but not sure about the others, Kelman, Bwomono,, Gard , Kinali Hutchinson to some extent, Mitchell Nelson.
I thought Gard has been poor so far, but wonder whether most of the problem is our boys not yet really up to full fitness

Fitness - or lack of - hasn’t helped, but the simple answer is that these youngsters were flying on adrenaline, and had zero expectation put on them back then.

I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve read posts over the summer proclaiming how we’d have an advantage this year, as our young players had some experience, and that their youthfulness would be able to cut through the generic Lg2 cloggers. I guess it was easy to forget that these same players made individual errors during games, which cost us goals and points.

In reality, most of those players you’ve named, should still be playing U23s/academy football. Not Lg2.

I’m not suggesting they’re bad players... far from it. But they aren’t cut out for our current situation and would thrive under different circumstances... such as being slowly blooded into a positive, well structured team.

I'm sure we'll get an update on potential player movement when Ron gives us his latest update later today.

I believe he is also due to be interviewed on BBC Essex later this afternoon.

I do like Gard and it’s such a shame we’re talking about him leaving because our hand has been forced. But MM has had long enough to cast his eye over the squad now and he’ll have a fair idea of most importantly, who can make an impact this season, but also who has the potential to be a decent league player in future. Gard is 21, so maybe should’ve established himself more by now if he’s going to have a decent shot, but who knows.

But we’re in the brown stuff at the moment and we’ve got to cut our cloth accordingly. If we can find Gard a mutually beneficial move and get someone like Will Atkinson in instead, or even be able to register Akinola(!) then it will be a decent bit of business in my opinion. Survival in the league this season is the absolute priority (other than surviving as a club). We don’t have the luxury of hanging on to players in the hope they’ll come good at the moment unfortunately.

Fitness - or lack of - hasn’t helped, but the simple answer is that these youngsters were flying on adrenaline, and had zero expectation put on them back then.

I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve read posts over the summer proclaiming how we’d have an advantage this year, as our young players had some experience, and that their youthfulness would be able to cut through the generic Lg2 cloggers. I guess it was easy to forget that these same players made individual errors during games, which cost us goals and points.

In reality, most of those players you’ve named, should still be playing U23s/academy football. Not Lg2.

I’m not suggesting they’re bad players... far from it. But they aren’t cut out for our current situation and would thrive under different circumstances... such as being slowly blooded into a positive, well structured team.

Sorry that is ridiculous. None of the 7 named should be playing academy football (I think only Kelman at a push would still be eligible) and most of them have outgrown the u23s.

Elvis might be sulking but has proved himself at L1 level.
Isaac Hutchinson has outgrown the u23s and has nothing left to prove at that level.
Charlie needs first team football.
Gard is 21, he maybe shouldn't have been thrown straight in at the start of the season after playing just 177 minutes of pre-season but that's a different story. He's where he should be at this stage which is playing first team football without necessarily being a regular.
Kinali is 21 in February and should be pushing for a place on the bench which is exactly what he is doing having impressed in pre-season.
Of those who maybe should still be in u23s football there's Egbri who has actually been one of our better performers and then MMN who has actually only appeared for us this year in an u23 competition.

The issue is that as you say they are lacking the structure around them.
I'm afraid that having been stung by the lack of experience Molesley will go too far the other direction once the unofficially striking players have been paid. A central midfield of McCormack and Demetriou will just get outrun. We'll need to do a better job of blending them in.

If we need to sell anyone then I’d put Hutchinson at the front of the queue, wouldn’t miss him one little bit

Sorry that is ridiculous. None of the 7 named should be playing academy football (I think only Kelman at a push would still be eligible) and most of them have outgrown the u23s.

Elvis might be sulking but has proved himself at L1 level.
Isaac Hutchinson has outgrown the u23s and has nothing left to prove at that level.
Charlie needs first team football.
Gard is 21, he maybe shouldn't have been thrown straight in at the start of the season after playing just 177 minutes of pre-season but that's a different story. He's where he should be at this stage which is playing first team football without necessarily being a regular.
Kinali is 21 in February and should be pushing for a place on the bench which is exactly what he is doing having impressed in pre-season.
Of those who maybe should still be in u23s football there's Egbri who has actually been one of our better performers and then MMN who has actually only appeared for us this year in an u23 competition.

The issue is that as you say they are lacking the structure around them.
I'm afraid that having been stung by the lack of experience Molesley will go too far the other direction once the unofficially striking players have been paid. A central midfield of McCormack and Demetriou will just get outrun. We'll need to do a better job of blending them in.

Fair points, but in my defence I didn’t want to be overly brutal in saying the alternative... that some of them should be playing non-league football.

I hope they prove me wrong, but Egbri, MMN & Kinali aren’t ready for this level IMO.

Elvis and Hutch certianly have something to offer, but we won’t see the best of them in this current setup.

As for Kelman, the jury is out for me.

Fair points, but in my defence I didn’t want to be overly brutal in saying the alternative... that some of them should be playing non-league football.

I hope they prove me wrong, but Egbri, MMN & Kinali aren’t ready for this level IMO.

Elvis and Hutch certianly have something to offer, but we won’t see the best of them in this current setup.

I'm with you on this. The harsh reality may be that this will be the only time a few of these will ever play pro football

Would tend to agree. Some of them are much more likely to make it if being blooded into a decent squad, but few of them are ready for this situation week-in, week-out. We are currently at a crossroads and whilst I'm not keen on the idea of dropping some of the players that have been mentioned, needs must at the moment.

I don't necessarily disagree on Egbri, MMN and Kinali but I would point out that only Egbri has actually been starting for us and he's exceeded my (admittedly Egbri-sized) expectations for him.

Able to elaborate on this?

No inside info and only a hunch that receiving some of the deferred furlough money that is apparently overdue may have medicinal qualities that would help clear up these short term injuries that all our senior players seem to be suffering from.

Back