• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lewis Gard

Have heard he might be off to the States, think he was part of the same cohort as Dru wasn't he?

Have heard he might be off to the States, think he was part of the same cohort as Dru wasn't he?
Interesting if so. I like him and think there's a good player in there, but I agree with him - I think he needs a fresh start to kickstart his career.

hhmmm - just 3 weeks ago he was saying how much he wanted to stay

Almost as if wanting something and needing something are two different things. He wants to stay but also recognises his need to play games regularly, which he wouldn't get here and hence why he was released.

Almost as if wanting something and needing something are two different things. He wants to stay but also recognises his need to play games regularly, which he wouldn't get here and hence why he was released.

I've been made redundant before - probably one of the best things that ever happened to me - but if you asked me beforehand if I wanted to remain employed I'd have said 100% yes. Guess it's similar. Got to try and find the silver lining in the cloud.

I've been made redundant before - probably one of the best things that ever happened to me - but if you asked me beforehand if I wanted to remain employed I'd have said 100% yes. Guess it's similar. Got to try and find the silver lining in the cloud.
As someone that's just been made redundant this was an encouraging comment to read.

NLS and getting regular games would be good for him I think. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him pop up at Billericay, Braintree or Concord.
From there you’d hope he puts himself in the shop window as he’s a likeable lad and has the potential to be a decent player.

Back